15.

"I invited him, you can stop looking so surprised." Naruto stood in the living room, waiting on Menma, he was having dinner with Menma like he had promised his little brother. However while him and Kushina seemed to hit it off, Minato stared at him like he was some rare entity.

"Menma, you are dressed up. You don't have to impress me." Naruto said with a smile while Menma scoffed, he folded his arms and sighed when Naruto ran a hand through those blonde locks.

"Sorry we are doing this the night before the chunin exams, you can believe how annoying Shikamaru is when I leave him alone." Menma chuckled and ushered Naruto to the couch, the duo clicked. Easily, Menma was loud and brash, however he could think like his father when he ran into a wall that needed to be tore down.

Naruto was a lot more manipulative, constantly thinking, constantly watching. However he soft spot was Shikamaru and his father, along with his brothers including Menma.

"So you like her? Oh really now." Naruto said, and Menma sighed folding his arms.

"Please not so loud, mother will hear and she will go crazy." Naruto chuckled a little, he calmly sighed.

"Fine, I think you both are adorable. She is quiet shy so don't scare her off with your loudness." Menma tapped Naruto's shoulder lightly.

"Who's side are you on?" Menma spoke, and Naruto smiled.

"Mines. However I'm just giving you advise, like a big brother would." Naruto said and Kushina came out of the kitchen.

"Dinner is ready boys." Menma nodded and usher Naruto to the table, Naruto sat next to Menma and sat across from Menma's parents. Naruto took a bite of the food and hummed lowly.

"This is good." Naruto said, it wasn't bad. Much better than his mother's cooking, however he's cooked better.

"I'm glad you like it, I'm happy you and Menma could bond like siblings." Naruto gave her a smile, with a tilt of his head.

"Me too, I mean I already have two brothers who are hell bent on protecting me, I can add one more." Naruto said and Menma huffed.

"I don't want to intrude, but have you both made up?" Naruto asked, he was mainly asking Minato who was pushing his food around the plate, he looked up and Kushina spoke.

"Describe made up?" She really wanted to know the full extent of what he meant.

"Mother and Fugaku have been making up, they actually are getting to know one another, and are even falling in love finally. I just want to know if you both are trying or putting a fake face up for Menma." Naruto asked placing his chopsticks down.

"I'm asking for him, because he is too frightened to ask." Naruto said and Menma rolled his eyes, Minato and Kushina looked at one another and Minato spoke.

"We haven't, we have been at odds lately. Not to say we aren't trying to understand each other it's just." Minato stopped talking while Kushina continued.

"We are totally different." Naruto smiled and hummed.

"I fell in love with a possessive and charming smart ass of a teenager. While I'm mostly brooding and angry. Menma fell in love with a shy disowned heiress, anything is possible if you both approach the situation in a calm way." Naruto stood and kissed Menma on his forehead.

"I'll see you tomorrow at the academy. Thanks for dinner Lady Kushina, Hokage-Sama." Naruto with that left and Menma stood calmly.

"I'm heading to bed."

Naruto sat up with a yawn. Rubbing his eyes he looked next to him and sighed.

"How the hell did I end up in your home?" Naruto asked annoyed, and Shikamaru smiled while opening his eyes.

"I kidnapped you, hope you don't mind." Naruto smacked his forehead, groaning lowly while Shikamaru smiled.

"Sometimes I ask Kami what I did to deserve such a possessive and idiotic future husband." Naruto said and Shikamaru laughed, he was interrupted when the door slammed open.

"How the hell did I end up on your couch?" Sasuke said and Shikamaru chuckled, Naruto looked at Shikamaru and he spoke again.

"I kidnapped Sasuke too, but there's no room in my bed so I left him on the couch." Sasuke groaned lowly.

"I'm not even going to ask." Shikaku said strolling by the room, and Naruto walked to the shower. The exams started today, and he was ready to be promoted.

Shikamaru chuckled and followed Naruto to the bathroom, and Sasuke obviously went to use the guest room, they all had clothes here, so getting dressed was easy, grabbing something small for breakfast.

They left and walked among the other hopeful Genin to become Chunin, and Sasuke was suddenly pulled into a headlock, smiling softly he looked up at Temari.

"I should fucking kill you Sasuke." Sasuke placed his hand on Temari's chin, her hold lightened just a little for him to squirm away and stand taller than her now that he wasn't hunched over.

"I missed you too Temari." Temari scoffed, leaning against Sasuke however, While Gaara and Kankuro walked and talked with Shikamaru and Naruto.

"Tch. You've been training." She said and Sasuke hummed.

"I have, can you feel the difference?" Temari blushed and looked away. 

"Yes."

"Naru Nii-Chan." Naruto smiled and looked up. There stood Menma with Kiba and his useless teammates.

"Hello Menma, you didn't tell your team? They look shocked." Menma looked between his teammates and shrugged.

"Don't care, I wanted to see you before the exams. Mother made this for you." It was a chain similar to Menma's, his was blue in color but the one he handed Naruto was a black one.

"Tell Kushina I said thank you. We should head inside now." Shikanaru took the necklace and placed it around Naruto's neck, Naruto sighed happily as he walked in with his graduating class and the sand siblings.

They quickly made it to the room and Naruto sat down in Shikamaru's lap as he watched Temari assert her dominance as Sasuke's wife. Watching as Sakura and Ino tried to flirt with him, as she did was yank Sasuke's head down about two more inches and kissed him deeply.

It wasn't their first kiss, just their first kiss in a while. Naruto chuckled lowly while Shikamaru sighed.

"Now can you please stop looking and flirting with my future husband. You all would break if Sasuke was your husband." Temari said folding her arms and a man came in starting the test.

The test was started and Shikanaru looked to Naruto to see such a calm expression on his face. Finally, it was all working out for the younger Uchiha.