Chapter 6 - Payback Time

Thanks to anyone reading! Please leave comments. I would really love some feedback!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 6 - Payback Time

Kyle, Cole and Chance followed me up to the eighth floor. I recalled how I would have killed to sleep on this floor in the past and compared it with my current feelings. I would give anything to be away from Goldhill Pack and back in my own room. Cole and Chance bickered heatedly over which rooms they would reserve and then over which room should be ruined. Just like all their other arguments, these were plain stupid. All the rooms were identical, for God's sake! Kyle and I left the twins to shout over each other and bring migraines over Goldhill Pack members to pick a room. I wanted one that looked out more to the west and Kyle happily complied.

We entered the chosen room and closed it behind us. I had never entered one of the guest rooms before and I definitely liked what I was seeing. There was a king-sized bed and a dressing-table. A glass chandelier hung from the ceiling and there were two desks with swivel chairs. A wardrobe occupied some space so that we could put our clothes there. But what I liked by far the most was the balcony.

A glass door led from the room to it and from there, we could see the back yard of Goldhill Pack and observe the sun set. It seemed like the sun was about to perform the majestic deed and I pulled Kyle onto the balcony. The setting sun cast off rays making the clouds look pink. "It's beautiful," I breathed. Kyle stood next to me. "Not as beautiful as you," he mumbled. I looked up and beamed at him. We kissed and the fireworks set off again.

When we pulled apart after what felt like just seconds, I said, "Maybe we should go and shower now." Kyle nodded regretfully and let me use the adjoining bathroom first. The tiled marble floor was shiny and the bathroom was large, to say the least. There was a shower stall and a bathtub but, being the nature-lover I was, I chose to shower instead of taking a nice relaxing soak in the bath.

There were thick fleecy towels available under the sink and I dried myself off. I only realised then that I had not taken any clothes with me. But I shrugged it off. After all, it was just Kyle. Wrapping a towel around myself, I opened the bathroom door and stepped out. I heard Kyle take in his breath sharply at the sigh of me. The towel only reached my mid-tigh. Kyle's eyes travelled up my body, lust turning his green eyes black. I blushed under his gaze but felt pleased. Kyle liked my body and that meant a lot to me, seeing as I had been told I was ugly and unworthy of a man's affection many times before.

"Lover boy," I cooed and Kyle's eyes snapped to mine. "You need to go shower too, you know?" Kyle cleared his throat awkwardly and replied, "Yes, well, yeah. Will do, baby doll." Cheeks cherry-red, Kyle grabbed his clothes and dashed for the bathroom. I chuckled to myself and put on some underwear, shorts and a baggy t-shirt. It hadn't even been a minute when someone knocked on the door. "Come in!" I called from the bed, thinking it was one of the twins. I realised, too late, however, that the twins wouldn't have bothered knocking.

Jackson opened the door and strolled in. His eyes showed nothing but longing and want for me. I snickered inside. "Too bad, sucker," my wolf barked and I almost laughed at how wonderfully tough she was. "Kim," he said breathlessly. I frowned. "I have told you already, Alpha Jackson, that you should only approach me for professional reasons," I reminded him coldly. Jackson did not back down. "I just wanted to tell you how happy I am that you came back to be with me as my Lun -" "What!" I screeched, cutting him off.

Jackson thought I had come back to reunite with him? Hell to the no! Jackson looked nothing short of puzzled. "Yeah," he said, "isn't that why you came back? For a shot at finally being my mate?" I jumped to my feet. That little pup was demented. He thought I wanted to be with him. And what was that 'finally' part supposed to imply? Did he think that I had chosen not to join him in the past? "One," I said slowly walking towards him like a lioness towards her prey, "I came here because I am one of the best fighters you will ever see. Two, I wanted to stay behind with my family and pack and let Goldhill Pack rot in hell. And three," I was right in front of Jackson now, my eyes blazing with hatred and fury, "you are not my mate. Never have been. Never will be." And with that, I slammed the door in his face, locking it securely against his return.