The Siblings

"Welcome back, young master Kim." The chambermaid said as she and the rest of the maids and butlers greeted the young man upon entering the Kim household, while bowing down as a sign of respect.

"It's been a while, yes?" Seokjin greeted back as he smiled before walking past the two rows of butlers and maids, nonchalantly humming to the tune of a song.

He goes straight up the stairs, his smile unwavering as he stopped by his little sister's bedroom. He knocks softly before hearing a faint'Come in' from her.

"Oppa!" Jennie loudly exclaims as she runs over to where Seokjin stood, wrapping her arms around him in a tight embrace as he hugged back at the petite young woman. "You're back!" She says as she releases her hold on him, placing both her hands on either side of his broad shoulders, a smile adorning her face.

"Aish. I just came to visit you, silly." He replied as he began to ruffle the younger one's hair, making her whine as she steps back and fixes her locks, a frown on her face at what the elder replied.

"When are you ever coming back home, oppa?" She questions as she pouted, sad that he still doesn't want to come back home. The elder just shrugs his shoulders as he smiles at her. "Well either way, you'll have to come back anyways at some point to take over the company." She teases as she crosses her arms over her chest.

"In that case, let me enjoy my normal life little sis." Seokjin replies with a grin. "Now hurry up and go change. Let's go out and eat."

"Really???" Jennie replies with wide eyes before giggling and rushing to her bedroom closet to change, leaving Seokjin by the door frame, shaking his head slightly as he heaved a sigh and pulled out his phone from his side pocket. He smiles as he watches his lockscreen, which was a smiling Jisoo.

"God, I'm so lucky to have you."

----------------

"Alright, spill." Jennie says as she takes a sip of her wine, while looking straight ahead at Seokjin who just raised his eyebrow in confusion and tilted his head to the side. "You have something to say right?" She asks, or rather taunts him as she crosses her legs and takes a bite of her meal.

"What? Can't I take out my sister out for a meal?" Seokjin replies with a soft laugh, shaking his head as he continued to eat.

"Well, Oppa. Your ears have been red ever since we left the household, and you've been occasionally biting your lip for some time now." She says as a matter of fact, while crossing her arms over her chest, smirking at the older. "And as far as I could remember, you're like this when you have something to say."

Seokjin stops midway before smiling and placing down his utensils. He'd been caught too soon.

"Fine, you caught me." Seokjin says as he rubs his nape and sighs. Jennie just reaches for his hand, holding it, as if to comfort him while she smiles. "Since you're back in town, for who knows how long again, I wanted to ask if you could find time to meet my girlfriend?" He asks as he stared back at the younger with hopeful eyes. Jennie just retreats her hand back, before bursting into a laugh, confusing the young man.

"God, is that all you have to ask, oppa?" She says in between laugh as she wipes a tear away before calming down. "I'd love to meet her." She winks before taking another sip of her wine. "Who's the lucky girl?"

Seokjin hurriedly gets his phone and showed her his lockscreen with a huge proud grin on his face.

Jennie immediately frowns at the sight of the girl. Her hold on her wineglass, tightens as she mentally bore holes on the shown picture.

"What's with the face?" Seokjin asks as he shuts his phone off and places it back on the table. Jennie just shrugs as she drinks her wine in one go, pouring another shot afterwards while smiling. "Yah!"

"She's Taehyung's ex." She replies as she sat back on her seat, a scowl was written on her face but her eyes were tearing up. "Didn't you know?" She asks to which Seokjin shakes his head as a response while clenching his fists tightly. "Didn't she even tell?" She scoffs at him to which Seokjin replied with a glare.

"I didn't ask." He replies, still clenching his fists. "Nor did she have to tell. He's her past. I'm her present now."

"You sure do trust her a lot, oppa." Jennie teases him as she flipped her hair to the side as she continued to eat.

"That's because I love her a lot." Seokjin replied, no longer clenching his fists. Jennie's gaze softened at him. "And she loves me as much."

"Lucky for you then." Jennie replied as she goes to wipe her tears away, but they just wouldn't stop coming. Seokjin hurriedly goes to sit beside her, pulling her close as he starts to rub circles on her back to comfort her. "She's all he thinks about." She reveals while crying as Seokjin hushes her. "I can't lose him, oppa. I just can't. I love him too much."

"You won't lose him." Seokjin reassures her. "I'll make sure he stays as your present, and just Jisoo's past."

"P-promise?" Jennie as she looks up at her older brother, tears still brimming in her eyes.

"I promise." Seokjin replies as he leans to kiss her forehead. "So be nice to her when you meet up, alright?" He asks as he flicks her forehead to which Jennie replies with a nod and giggle.

A sudden ding from Jennie's phone disrupts the two siblings. She checks it out and gasps, worrying the elder.

"Hey, what's wrong? What does it say?" He asks as he places a hand on Jennie's shoulder as the other held on to one of her hand.

"Oppa, it's a text from Mom and Dad." She looks back at him, with a soft smile before hugging him, startling the older man. "They said they're getting close to finding out where Sooyoung is."

"For real?" Seokjin asks as his eyes go wide, before tears start to form in his eyes as well. "We'll finally be complete again." He grins as he imagines the return of their long lost sister whom they've been waiting for to come back home.