My Worth? (🏐)

Third Person's P.O.V
The sound of sneakers squeaking against the gym floor was muffled by the loud heartbeat of Hinata. The first year was sitting against the wall with his head resting on his knees. "How could I be so pathetic. I'm risking the whole team's dynamic." After utterly failing at the practice match against Nekoma high school, he got switched out for someone else and was told to 'cool down'.

Those words to Hinata made his whole world crash. So now, Hinata is currently on the verge of a breakdown. "Hinata, are you okay?" The orange haired boy looked up at his coach and gave a weak smile. "I-I'm fine coach Ukai. I just need some fresh air." Before Ukai could say anything, Hinata was already out of the building. Hinata didn't want to stay on the sidelines today. He couldn't handle right now. He needed a distraction from all of the doubts and worries swarming his head.

He slid against the wall and sat down, going into the position where his knees were up to his chest and he was staring down.
"You're already getting outshined by your teammates."
"You'll never be like the Tiny Giant if you can't control yourself."
"You're so pathetic. Thinking it's the end of the world for you after getting switched out and being told to sit on the sidelines."
"It's no wonder your teammates have it easier when you're not on the court."
"You're way to full of yourself. Someone like you can't even compete with everyone here."
Hinata shook his head rapidly, desperate to rid these thoughts from his head. "Shut up...please...."
"Look at yourself. Crying over the littlest things."

The orange-haired first year didn't realize he was spaced out until he heard a familiar voice calling out to him . "Oi dumbass! What are you still doing out here? The match is over." Kageyama walked over to the crouched boy. "S-Sorry Kageyama...." It would take an idiot to not see that there was something wrong with the short Spiker. "Oi. What's up with you?" Hinata flinched at the other's cold tone. "I-It's nothing. I-I'm okay, just tired." A scoff came from the black-haired male as he crouched down in front of his teammate. "Bullshit. Tell me what's wrong. And don't say 'nothing' again, I know it's something."

Hinata took in a shakey breath as he looked up at the younger male. "Kageyama...do you think I'm important to the team?" Kageyama was shocked for a moment, seeing his teammate so upset and the fact that there were still tears running down his face made his chest hurt. "Is that's what's bugging you?" Hinata's gaze went back down to his knees. "You dumbass. Of course you're important to the team. You're able to do powerful spikes, you have incredible speed, your jumps are unbelievable, and you have the positivity to cheer up the team," Kageyama wiped away some of the stray tears on the other's cheek. "So stop crying and start practicing, cause if you're choosing to give up over a small mistake, then you're just saying that you don't care about volleyball."

The ginger looked back at Kageyama with a shine in his eyes, as well as a bright smile. "Thanks Kageyama." The ravenett smiled a little and ruffled the other's hair. "There's the smile I know and love." Hinata's face grew warm from Kageyama's comment. "Wh-What....?" Kageyama removed his hand quickly and looked away from Hinata. "Shit. Did I say that out loud?!" Hinata let out a small noise of responding. "L-Let's just go back." Kageyama quickly got up and shoved a hand in his pocket. "R-Right." Hinata got up as well and started walking next to the taller male. Slowly but surely, the two took each other's hands without realizing it, intertwining their fingers together.

"Thanks to you Kageyama, I now know what my worth is. And it's the best thing you've done for me."