Don't Leave So Soon (🏐)

Third Person's P.O.V

Nishinoya's legs gave out from under him as he was exhausted from running. He was racing against the clock but he couldn't make it in time.

Nishinoya watched as Asahi got further and further away from him. He tried reaching out to the taller male but his fingers only grazed his shirt.

Tears spilled down his face as he called out for Asahi. His voice raw from yelling for hours on end. The bright light in front of Asahi blinded him but he continued to look at Asahi. He couldn't look away since he feared if he did, he'd loose him forever. Asahi turned to Nishinoya, giving him a sad smile and started to walk closer to him.

Nishinoya smiled a bit, but was too tired to meet him halfway. He watched as his boyfriend came closer to him, now seeing the tears spilling down his face.

Asahi kneeled down and hugged Nishinoya, whispering softly into his ear. "I'm sorry Yū. You have to continue without me."

Without a moment to know what was going on he felt Asahi let go and watched him leave again. "A-Asahi!? N-No!!!" He tried you get up but his legs felt heavier than cement. "ASAHI! DON'T LEAVE ME!!! PLEASE!"

Nishinoya desperately called out to him but it was useless. Asahi vanished from his sight. The light blinding him so badly, he had to look away. Nishinoya's eyes were shut as his arm was still stretched out. "Don't leave so soon...." He muttered out as he felt his world fade.

Nishinoya woke up in a hospital bed surrounded by his friends who he used to play volleyball with in high school. Reality hit him quickly and he soon broke out into sobs. Suga rushed over and hugged Nishinoya, trying to comfort him. "Nishinoya, it's okay. No one saw that car coming..." Nishinoya clutched to Suga tightly as broken sobs escaped his lips.

"It should've been me."