Hurt Me Once (🏐)

Third Person's P.O.V
No one knew why Oikawa was acting so strangely during practice. The usually loud and cheerful setter was silent and only gave short responses. He wasn't vocal, and he didn't have the common peppy attitude that he was known for. The Aobajohsai volleyball team was worried when their captain didn't ask Iwaizumi to hang out after practice like he normally does.

Instead, Oikawa just grabbed his bag after changing and walked home silently. Leaving Iwaizumi behind. A high pitched feminine voice called out to Iwaizumi as he walked with his club members. "Iwaizumi-san! I'm so glad I caught you after practice. Can we walk home again?" The male nodded, saying goodbye to his team as he walked away with the shorter girl next to him. They were smiling, laughing...they were happy. The Aobajohsai volleyball team, aware of Oikawa's feelings for his best friend, finally understood what was wrong.

Iwaizumi and the girl parted ways. "Bye Iwaizumi-san, don't forget to tell him tomorrow!" Iwaizumi nodded and waved the girl goodbye. Meanwhile, Oikawa laid down on his bed; thinking about all of the things that have changed between him and his 'Iwa-chan'. The setter thought about how it was only him and Iwaizumi when they went out to watch movies, how it was only him and Iwaizumi when they walked home together, how it was only him and Iwaizumi who talked about their lives and futures under the stars, how it was only him and Iwaizumi when they hung out.

Everything changed when she came into their lives. She slowly took Iwaizumi away from him, causing the two to slowly drift apart. Oikawa noticed how Iwaizumi would bring along the girl, how the two looked so happy when they talked, how Iwaizumi would take phone calls away from him; as if he was scared about what Oikawa would hear, how Iwaizumi and the girl always hugged before leaving, how they laughed when it was just the two of them talking, how the girl would whisper secrets to Iwaizumi; causing him to become flustered.

Oikawa didn't notice he was crying until he found it hard to breath. He sat up, taking in deep breaths as he wiped away the tears. "He's better off without you, and you need to understand that." Oikawa gripped the stuffed alien that Iwaizumi got him for his 10th birthday. "Iwa-chan...I'm sorry I'm not what you need." The alien-loving male grabbed his guitar his mother has gotten him after he finished his lessons when he was younger. 

Trying to remember the chords, he started strumming a tune he's heard from an American song, one that he couldn't help but relate to now. Oikawa took a shakey breath as he started to sing along to the song he was playing on his guitar.

[A/N: You might wanna play the song for this]
"I'm sure it was nothing
But you never used to bring somebody else along

Used to be our thing
Going to a movie, then we wander home

All these little landmines
All these little things that one can read two ways

Like when you take every call outside
Seems that I've forgotten how to read your face

But I know you too well to get it wrong
If you have to hurt me, hurt me once

If you have to end it, get it done
You have all these choices, I have none

You're all that I have to lose
Couldn't hurt you if I wanted to"

Iwaizumi had just walked into his room when he heard a guitar being played softly and a voice singing a song that he heard through his best friend. The brunet walked to his window and spied on his neighbor, wondering why his best friend was bearing such a sad expression.

"I've decided on you
If you keep it going

Then one by one, the memories will start to blur
You'll ruin the good ones