5 - Switch III

LORELEI

IT WASN'T long before we finally got in the dining table. We both sat across from each other while Tita Martha was seated in between us.

"Sige kumain lang kayo ng marami." Sabi ni Tita Martha.

So we did. After a couple minutes, she told us that she's no longer staying here for too long since she needs to check if the other tenants are already inside their respective rooms. Tita Martha stood up and bid her goodbye.

Thereafter, no one dared to speak. The atmosphere started to get really awkward. I still can't look at him in the eye. After I finished my meal, I immediately stood up. I was about to get his used plates when he suddenly spoke.

"Lorelei, don't worry I can manage."

So we ended up going to the kitchen sink together. I was in charge of soaping while he's the one that gets to rinse it off. I was busy minding my own business when he suddenly called my name.

"Lorelei."

I flinched. I tried to speak but no words were escaping from my mouth. It seems like I can't speak nor look at him the way I used to anymore, especially with what happened earlier.

So what I did was just stared at his direction. When he realized I was actually listening, he proceeded.

"I'm sorry." A moment of silence ensued. I was perplexed.

"What for?" I asked him.

"About earlier." He said, looking down. Wait, is he blushing?

"What about earlier, Loki? I don't remember you doing something you should be apologizing for." I replied.

"I didn't mean to take advantage of you. I was carried away by the moment. I'm really sorry." He genuinely said.

I honestly don't know how to react. No matter how awkward the topic was, he was still able to open it up with me and managed to apologize when he doesn't even have to.

"You don't have to apologize Loki, I understand." I told him. We finally got the dishes done.

I was about to head in my bedroom when he grabbed me by the arm. I was startled for a bit, still not used to his touch. He made me face him.

"What is it Loki?" I asked, trying not to stutter around him.

I was caught off guard when he suddenly leaned towards me. His right hand held the hair strands that were blocking my face, tucking it into the back of my ear. Wait, is he going kiss me again?

He pulled me closer. Now both of my hands were accidentally placed on his chest. I just closed my eyes, anticipating what his next move was. I slowly felt him wrapped his hands around my waist, the tip of his nose touching my neck, causing me to hold onto him much tighter. Just what in the world are you trying to do with me, Loki?

His head was placed on my shoulder, causing me to shiver whenever he breathes. Loki totally consumed my personal space. After some time, I've realized he was just hugging me, nothing more. I just let him do whatever he wants. He must've been tired about everything. He lifted his head and faced me.

"Good night, Lorelei." He whispered in my ear. Then just like that, he let me go. He went straight to his room. I felt my heart beating so fast. What just happened?