12 - Tease

Turn on music for better reading experience

LORELEI

WE WERE in a middle of a discussion at the execom office. They were talking about what course should we go through to find the person whom Augustus entrusted with his secret box.

Maggie was speaking nonstop but I haven't even understand a single word she said.

"I missed you."

I felt my cheeks burning up. Why did he even told me such thing? It's not like we didn't see each other for weeks. In fact, he could see me everyday at the apartment and even at the school premises so why would you even miss me, Loki?

"Sounds great! Right, Lori?"

I realized we haven't been able to talk much for the past couple of days due to these stuff with Augustus. Now I understand why he said that. I hate to admit it, but I do miss him too.

"Lorelei!"

Jamie exclaimed which drove me back to reality. Little did I know, they were already staring at me, even Loki shifted his gaze in my direction. Now I got more flustered. I realized I was zoning out the whole time. This is so embarrassing.

"Sorry, what did you say again?" I replied.

"Seriously, Lori? As what I've said, we should have a sleepover at your apartment tonight!" She happily uttered.

"What?!" I was surprised. I mean it's not that I'm against it but I just don't think Loki would approve.

"Lori, I know what you're thinking. You're worried of Loki turning down my suggestion, aren't you?" She asked.

"Don't worry, we're not just about to sleep at your apartment! I was thinking that tonight would be the perfect opportunity for us to plot our strategy on how to track the switch."

"And if you're worried about Loki's decision well he was totally fine with it since it's for the sake of our mission." Buong sinabi ni Jamie.

"So what do you say, Lori? Are you okay with it? Please say yes!" Jamie pleaded. I sighed, fully giving in to her suggestion.

"Fine." I softly smiled, causing Jamie to squeal.

"Finally! I can't wait!" She was jumping while shaking my shoulders. She seemed so happy. Alistair just shaked his head.

We immediately went inside Alistair's car as soon as our classes ended. I took the shotgun seat while Jamie and Loki sat at the back. We first stopped by at Alistair's condominium before going through Jamie's. It didn't took long for Al to get his things unlike Jamie.

I insisted to go with her but she refused, she said I shouldn't worry for she can handle everything by herself and that we should just stay and wait inside Alistair's car, so that's what we did. Thirty minutes has already passed by but she still hasn't come back. What's taking her so long?

I shifted my gaze to my right, looking directly inside Jamie's house, trying to see if there's a sign of her coming out anytime soon but unfortunately there wasn't.

Suddenly, I felt Alistair leaned further in my direction. I think he was also trying to take a peek at Jamie's house so that's when I thought of asking him if should I go inside to call up on Jamie. I slowly turned to face him.

"Hey Alistair, should I go inside--" I tried to speak but I wasn't able to finish it for our position caught me off guard.

Unknowingly, my heart began pounding so hard, his Adam's apple were moving. I can already feel his breath on my neck, even our lips were just an inch far from each other. I never thought he was actually this close.