11 - Captivated

Turn on the music for better reading experience

LORELEI

THE CLOCK was ticking. Every minute seems to pass by in a blur. I keep on glancing at my watch, I can't help but panic. My heart was beating frantically. We were already in our positions. All the execom officers are already at the hall, including Loki and Jamie.

On the other hand, Alistair and I were already hiding near the Clarion office, located at the east side of the school building. I was in deep thought when Al suddenly raised his index finger. It's showtime.

He began leading the way, trying to be as careful as possible but as we're about to enter the room, somebody just came out of nowhere. I thought our mission was about to fail but then the unknown guy happens to be an ally after all. He introduced himself as Friedrich Rivera.

He told us that he is the new adviser of Clark Clarion and that we shouldn't worry for he wouldn't tell the school faculties about this. He bid himself goodbye and just walked away.

He seemed suspicious but we just shrugged the thought off for now since we didn't have any time left so we just immediately took the opportunity to go inside. Alistair and I finally found the notebook but then the content took us by surprise.

Loki kept on asking us on the other line, he was curious about what's written on the notebook. I turned to look at Al, trying to ask if should we really tell Loki about this or not.

What's inside wasn't exactly about Moriarty but instead one of its generals, Luthor. It contained evidences that the vice president of the student council is indeed associated with the most notorious unit that caused havoc in our community. In the end, we decided not to tell Loki about it. We told him that the notebook was empty. It's the best thing we could do.

All of us went home with a gloomy expression. I felt extreme guilt as we arrived at the apartment. He just went straight to his room without saying a word. I'm sorry Loki but I couldn't tell you about the thing with your brother yet. Who knows what you can actually do once you find out about it. Let's just wait for the right time. I just sighed and went to bed.

The next couple of days were pretty much the same. We were all so invested in making our scheme work that none of us bothered each other's businesses. We haven't wasted any moment to come up with the perfect layout.

All of us were gathered in a forum to discuss our grand scheme. Nobody complained, everyone agreed to it. To make the story short, we finally cornered Augustus. Look how the tables have turned, he was now tied in our hands. We thought we almost had him but the unexpected happened. In the middle of our confrontation, his body has fallen right through my arms, lifeless.

Everything went by quickly, it wasn't long before I have come to realize that Augustus is no longer here. It has already been days since then but his face was still vivid in my mind. He may have done something incongruous but I don't wish death upon him. I know deep down those heartless mind, there's a good person misguided. May you rest peacefully, Augustus.

As of the moment, there's something we needed to retrieve, the so called Pandora's Box or Loki referred to it as Augustus' Box. It has all the dirtiest secrets of all the students, faculties in this school, even Moriarty's hidden information about his unit isn't an exception. In short, this box contained everything and it may be leaked once the person that Augustus' entrusted would spill it. We needed to find who that person is and that's what we're trying to do right now.

It is past eight in the evening, Loki and I have finally arrived at the apartment. As soon as he opened the door, he immediately slumped down on the couch and opened his laptop. He is really determined to finish this, I couldn't help but smile. That's one thing I admire about him. Once he was focused onto something, he wouldn't stop unless he has finally found what he was looking for.

We still haven't eaten dinner so I went to the kitchen and made one. After everything was prepared, I went back to the living room. I stood in front of him who was still busy with his laptop.

"Dinner's ready." I muttered. I waited for his response but all I heard was silence.

He was staring intently at the screen while typing nonsense.

"Hey Loki, you've been skipping meals since this morning, could you please just rest for a minute and eat."

"And don't fret, those files wouldn't go anywhere if that's what you're worried about." I tried to convince him but it seems like he didn't hear me.

I just crossed my arms and pouted. I felt like talking to a wall, this guy sure is testing my patience.

"You know what, Loki? Fine. Do whatever you want, I won't bother you anymore. Have a good night!" I exclaimed.

I was about to walk away when he suddenly gripped my wrist, pulling me into him causing us both to fall on the couch. Everything went by so fast, I didn't realize I was already on top of him while he was under me.

He was staring intently at my eyes, causing my heart to pound drastically. I gasped when he slowly held my waist, pulling me closer into him. We were both still in our uniforms so I felt my cheeks burning up cause my skirt wasn't doing any good. My skin was really exposed and I can feel him already.

Slowly, his other hand cupped my face and it wasn't long before he kissed me. My hands were still above in his head to keep my weight light over him. I held his hair firmly as he tried to open my mouth with his tongue. He then aimed for my neck, leaving soft wet kisses causing me to groan in pleasure.

 He then aimed for my neck, leaving soft wet kisses causing me to groan in pleasure

"Lorelei," He called while snuggling into my neck.

Thereafter, he kissed my jaw and bit my ears causing me to yelp. I heard him chuckled softly, I just pouted but what he whispered to me after that made my heart skip a beat.

"I missed you."