Chapter One

Sarah's POV

This is the first time I have ever flown on a plane. When I travel, I only travel by a car and I prefer if it stays that way. My mind is an endless pit of worries. I have no clue who I am sitting beside. Some weirdo could sit beside me and start flirting or something. Or something might go wrong with the mechanics of the plane and who knows, today might be my last day I live.

A rush of anxiety rushed over my body. When the announcement was made that everyone who is going to California has to now board the plane, I slowly sat up from my chair and blindly followed the crowd. I dug around my carry-on finding my passport. I handed the lady my passport with my hands shaking like a leaf. She looked at the passport and handed it back to me.
"First flight?" She asked, giving me a reassuring smile. All I did was say yeah, and continued walking towards the plane.
I did a last minute ticket check to see what seat I have. When I got in the plane I easily found my seat, a window seat, and put my bag at my feet and waited to see if someone was going to sit beside me. I hope not. I'd rather look out the window and try to enjoy the view as I listen to my music and try not to think of the plane crashing and igniting in a flying ball of flames, burning everyone alive.
Calm down, Sarah. You're over reacting.

As I was staring out the window I heard someone sit beside me. I turned to my right.

A handsome young man with the bluest eyes I've ever seen stopped and stared at me. After a while, I broke the eye connection. I continued to stare out the window going back to being worried. I saw at the corner of my eye that he was grinning at me. Uh, Why? Either way, he is good looking.
"Is this your first flight? You seem scared." His voice was soft and reassuring, I turned to him.
"Yeah, it is my very first flight. I'm terrified to be honest." I said, turning my body towards the window.
"It's okay, I'll help you through it." He put his hand on top of mine and gave it a small squeeze. I turned at him and my brown eyes and his blue eyes met. We both smiled at each other at the same time. The plane started moving to make its way to the beginning of the runway. Another rush of anxiety ran through my bones. I squeezed his hand harder, he still held on.

"Don't worry, I'll be right here. I promise." He paused, fixing his brown hair, with his other free hand. "I've done this many times. I'm like a plane pro." He said smiling, trying to break the ice. I laughed at his cockiness.
"Well, after this your hand might lose circulation and you might not have a hand after this. Then, it would be my fault." I teased, moving my brown hair out of my face.
"It's okay." He continued staring at me. I didn't say anything. But I disconnected our hands as I accidentally smashed it again the arm rest. I blushed at my mistake.

I blush really easily too. So now, I'm basically embarrassing myself in front of him.
Silence.
"Oh god, I'm sorry. I didn't introduce myself. I'm Hayes Grier." Hayes held out his hand as I took it.
"I'm Sarah Cowan," I smiled, "By the way, I'm quite a open person, so I might do things that some people wouldn't do if you first meet people. Just a bit of information on me." I smiled, shaking his hand.
"Well, it's nice that we have a trust bond coming along here." Hayes smiled. His smile is just so cute. I don't know why I think it is, I don't even know him very well anyway.

"Okay, we are heading to California, everyone please have your seat belts on and please stay seated until we get in the air completely. We will arrive in California in approximately 6 hours. Thanks you for choosing West Jet." The lady said, then going into the whole description of what everything does, and what she is forced to say.
"Oh my god! I'm so scared!" I told Hayes, burying my face in his shoulder, and holding his arm.
"Here," he paused, turning his body towards me. He held out his arms for a hug. "I think you need a Hayes Hug."
"I think I do." I said smiling then going into Hayes's embrace.

As I gave Hayes a hug, I felt instantly felt safe. I even closed my eyes. Even though we just met, not even 5 minutes ago, it feels like I can tell him anything. It's like we have this one of a kind bond. Almost like I've known him for so long. When we disconnected, the plane was now gaining speed to take off.