Chapter Three

"Are these tears of happiness?" Hayes asked, sitting back down again. I covered my mouth with both of my hands and nodded my head. "That's good, I want every beautiful girl, like you, to feel good about themselves. You're beautiful. Please, don't forget that."
"I won't forget that now." I managed to say. Before I knew it, Hayes's arms were wrapped around my body. I took my hands that were over my face and wrapped them around Hayes neck. I buried my face in the crook of his neck and began to compose myself. I pulled away beginning to calm myself.
"Sorry with all that." I said, wiping my tears.
"No problem. We all get emotional every once and a while." Hayes gave me another side hug.

"So, Sarah?" He spoke when I calmed down.
"So, Hayes?" I repeated, slightly chuckling.
"I know the deep side of you, how about everything else?"
"Well. What do you want to know?" I asked, preparing myself for what types of questions he might have came up with.
"Not to start it off in a weird way, but." He hesitated.
"What?" I asked slowly, as I got a micro closer.
"Are you-uh-single?" Hayes asked hesitantly as he rubbed his right hand on the back of his neck.
"Yup." I announced, not really holding back.
"Well, that came out smoother than I expected." Hayes replied, shocked.
"Well, we are friends, right? Might as well be honest here. Why hold back? You were going to get the answer some time." I smiled.
"Okay, I understand that. Why are you going California?"
"Visiting family. You?" I returned the question.
"Going back to see my family too." He paused for a short moment, thinking of a question to ask. "How long are you staying in California?" Hayes asked.
"5 months. You?"
"Probably around the same time." He smiled, noticing how much we have in common.
"Are you single?" I asked.
"Yeah." Hayes said as he looked down, fixing his hair, then he looked back at me.

We stared into each other's eyes which felt like forever. I really feel some sort of chemistry between us. I hope he does too.
"You're just so beautiful." Hayes whispered and smiled.
"Thanks." I whispered, returning the exact smile.
Hayes slowly started leaning towards me and I backed up awkwardly. He quickly did too as we both blushed a deep red.
"Uh. Hayes-" I started.
"I know, I'm sorry. It was to soon and-" Hayes started also.
"Whoa. Slow down, Hayes," I cut him off, "There was nothing wrong that happened. Honestly, I want to kiss you too but-" I cut myself off by covering my mouth, realizing what I just said. Hayes smiled and raised his eyebrows.
"Oh?" Hayes chuckled, as seemed as if he was shocked. I covered my face with my hands as I turned an even deeper red.
"Oh my god! That wasn't supposed to come out! I meant to say that-" I stuttered as I was trying to find the right words but I drew a blank.
"It's okay, Sarah. Don't hurt yourself. I understand what you meant to say." Hayes smiled and chuckled again. "If I were you, I would do the same thing." He admitted. I slightly removed my hands from my face, staring at Hayes.

He took a sigh.
"It's so cute when you blush then turn away." Hayes admitted, nudging my arm. I nudged him back as I started speaking.
"I hate it. It makes me feel as if I'm embarrassing myself in front of you or who ever I blush in front of." I looked down as I fixed my hair, taking a sigh too.
"Well, I find it attractive." Of course, when Hayes said that he finds that attractive, I blushed and turned away. Strangely, I heard a faint and quiet moan that came from Hayes.
"Excuse me?" I said turning to him with a weird, half smiling and half laughing, look. His eyes were wide as he blushed.
"That was supposed to me in my head." I giggled at him. He smiled back.