Chapter Twenty Two

I woke up to two heart beat sounds in the background. When I got my attention focused, I looked around the room I was in. I was in the hospital. Someone did ended up helping us. I smiled. I turned to my left, I saw Hayes sleeping. Better yet, alive. I covered my mouth, trying not to cry. It means the world to me that he's okay, those were massive and deep cuts he did.
He turned his head towards me, and faintly smiled.
"Sarah?" He asked quietly.
"Yeah, Hayes?" I said, now in tears.
"Are you okay?" He smiled, just starting to fully open his blue eyes.
"I'm 200 times better since I now know that your alive." I cried.
"Same for me." He smiled. "I'm sorry about earlier, when I cut you. I've always had that razor in case I needed it. And. I thought I needed it during that time."
"Hayes. It fine, cuts heal." I smiled. "By the way? You'll never need that razor." I whispered. I held out my hand as far as I could go so we could hold hands. He did the same. Our hands touched and our finger intertwined. I wiped my happiness tears.
"I'm so thankful your alive." I smiled.
"I love you." Hayes smiled back.
"I love you too." I said, smiling like crazy.

Slowly, I let go of his hand and I looked down at my body. My right leg was in a cast, my hand that was cut yesterday was bandaged up and there was a wrap around my head. Hayes had a cast around his right hand, quite a few scratches on his face and a bandage over his left wrist.
"We're pretty crippled." I smiled. Hayes looked at me, then him.
"I guess so." He smiled as well.
"Honestly, even though I'm almost died from loosing so much blood. I'm the happiest person alive right now." I beamed with happiness.
"Me too." Hayes beamed as well.

A knock filled the room. When the door opened, Nash, Carter, Shawn, Jack J, Jack G, Matt, Skylynn and Elizabeth walked in. All the guys had some sort of gift for us. Balloons, stuffed animals. You name it. Elizabeth instantly started to cry when she saw us. She ran to Hayes first as everyone else stood at the doorway.
"Oh my god, Hayes. Please don't ever so this to me. I love you so much. I'm so thankful your alive." She turned to me, pulling me in for a hug. "I love you too Sarah." She smiled. "Your basically apart of the family, we all love you both very much. By the way, I asked them to put you in the same room." Elizabeth smiled. I smiled back and got butterflies. After that everyone started to make their way in. Nash came straight to me first.
"So. I see trying to ignore it didn't help." He teased.
"Nope." I smiled. Nash then left to go to Hayes. Matt was right behind Nash, wanting to talk to me.
"Look. I'm sorry. I'm the reason your here. I feel horrible, I wish I stayed in the house. To help you two." Matt apologized, almost in tears, from seeing the shape my body was in. "Do you forgive me? I promise I'll leave you and Hayes alone."
"Matthew Espinosa?" I paused, then smiled. "Yes. I do accept the apology."
"If I could hug you, I would, but I can't." He laughed. I laughed along too.
"Hand hug?" I asked, holding my unwrapped hand out to him, which was stiff and shaky. He carefully just held my hand with both of his hands instead.
"You also seem to have a thing when I ask you a question, you seem to say my full name then say your answer." Matt teased, still holding my hand.
"I know. I only do it for you." I smiled. He smiled as well, blushing a bit.
"Matt?" Hayes called, gesturing him to go to him.
"Talk to you later." Matt smiled.
I just smiled back and whispered. "Okay." As he walked away.

______________________________

Glad they're alive, huh? 😉

Sorry, I know I keep forgetting to publish/post and I'm sorry. 😕
I've been busy with dance, school and I've been getting a bunch of homework. Ugh! 😫
But, I have free time right now.. Haha.
Stay beautiful! 😊