Chapter Twenty Four

Sarah's POV

*3 weeks later.*

Three weeks has now passed and Hayes and I are now fully healed. All of our cuts, scratches and broken bones are healed. Except of the deep cuts that were made. Surprisingly, I haven't been in contact with my family in over a month. I bet you they probably forgot about me. Honestly? It doesn't bother me because if they cared, they would have remembered that I was at the airport in the first place.

The doctor said that Hayes's wrist, sadly, is going to scar. But it shouldn't bother his everyday life. The cut that Hayes put on the palm of my hand will scar too. As much as I want to forget about that day, and how horrifying it was to see him like that. I thought it brought us closer together. It showed us both how much we love and cared for each other. Turn a negative into a positive, right?

"Finally." I whispered, exhaling walking out of the hospital and breathing in the fresh air.
"Tell me about it." Hayes whispered, doing the same thing I did.
Elizabeth was right behind us, her SUV was parked at the front parking lot. Hayes and I hopped in the back, holding hands. I looked over to him, smiling.
"I'm so happy right now." I whispered.
"Me too." Hayes whispered, holding my hand tighter.
"So, what are you two going to do when we get back to the house?" Hayes's mom asked.
"I don't know." I responded.
"I don't know either." Hayes smiled.