Chapter Nineteen

"That's better." Matt smiled. I nodded my head and agreed.
"This is such a fun and amazing night." I smiled widely as Matthew nodded in agreement.

Suddenly and unexpectedly, Matthew pulled me in and kissed me. At first, I didn't pull away because I didn't know what was even happening. After around 2 seconds, I ended up pushing Matt away from me.
"Matt! What are you doing?" I slightly raised my voice. Trying not too get to loud so Hayes and everyone else could hear.
"I think you deserve me rather than Hayes. I really like you, Sarah. You can do a lot better than Hayes." I stood astonished, yet confused of what just happened.
"I'm sorry Matt but I already gave my heart to Hayes. Plus, you're 16 and I'm only 14. I didn't think it would work out. There's quite an age difference. " I stated.
"Age is only a number."
"No Matt. Your not understanding what I'm saying. I like you as a friend and only a friend. Us being girlfriend and boyfriend is a weird thing to call ourselves. I'm sorry." I lowered my tone as I left the room.

Now I. . . I don't know what to do. I need to talk with Nash. I didn't even greet him I just gave him a big back hug. He turned around, trying to yell over the music.
"You okay, Sarah?" Nash asked, concerned. I shook my head no and guided him the room where me and Matt were.
"Nash, I need another hug." He didn't say anything and he just hugged me again.
"What's wrong? What did Hayes do?" He asked, concerned.
"Nothing is wrong with Hayes. It's Matt." I started tearing up because I am just so confused with what to do.

I'm the type of person that if something doesn't go as what I thought it would be? I panic.

"Matt? Tell me everything."
"Please, don't tell Matt or Hayes? Or anyone."
"Secret is safe with me." Nash gave me a reassuring smile as we both sat on the bed.
"I'm gonna try to explain this in the most fastest way but the most detailed way possible." I paused. "After I talked and danced with Hayes, I wanted to dance with Matt; Someone else. He then guided me here. Then he kissed me. Long and passionately, and I don't know what I should do or even think about this. I didn't want to be kissed. He forcefully kissed me. I did end up pushing him away, though. But." I paused. " Should I ever tell Hayes? Should I totally ignore Matt for now on? How should I treat everyone? Should I only talk to you and Hayes? I just don't know and my best night went to the worst like that. I don't know what to do." I faintly snapped my fingers. "He said that he really likes me too. I don't know what to do, Nash. I need your help." I whispered, wiping my tears.
"First of all, it was a kiss. There is no need to panic. It's a bit shocking because Matt has never done that before." Nash sounded like he is in the process of becoming just as  confused as I was.
"I shouldn't have went in the car when we we are the airport. I should have waited for my ride. I just made this worse for all of us."
"Sarah, stop thinking like that. Your over thinking this. You technically only made it worse for you, Hayes and Matt." Nash slowly, said.
"Exactly my point. I kissed Matt and Hayes doesn't know. I can't believe I'm saying this. But Matt is a good kisser. What if Hayes finds out this happened? He'll think of this the wrong way. I'll try to tell him that Matt forcefully kissed me, and he won't believe me, and there will be the end of Sarah and Hayes. Hayrah." I paused, trailing off on the word Hayrah. To me, it just sound so good. Hay-Rah. I kept repeating that in my head."I just don't know. I'm just overwhelmed right now." I said, plopping down on the edge of the bed.
"This is a lot to take in, especially if you're taking it the wrong way." Nash whispered, honestly. Now sitting beside me and putting his arm around my small body. "Just try to forget about it. Just pretend it never happened."
"That's gonna be a lot harder than you think." I looked up at Nash.
"Try?" He whispered. I nodded my head. Nash smiled, then gave me a hug.
"Thanks for being here for me Nash. You're like another older brother." I smiled.
"That's what I'm here for." He paused. "Between me and you. It's okay, Hayes comes to me too about anything. Mostly, things about girls. That's why he's so smooth with the ladies. I taught him everything he needs to know." Nash smiled, as me playfully nudged my arm. I smiled.
"Thanks for everything. Does it look like I've been crying?" I asked wiping my tears. Nash shook his head.
"You look good." He smiled. I returned the smile, moving my hair out of my face.
"Thanks, I guess I better go back out there before anyone notices that I've been gone for this long." I said, getting up and walking to the door.
"Right behind you." Nash smiled, as he was right behind me.

When I got back to the living room, it was as if I never left. Everyone was still dancing and singing. Matt kept giving me weird looks. I tried to look away, but it was hard not to. I couldn't stop looking at him because first of all, he kissed me. And. Second, he kept staring at me. I went over to Hayes, he was talking to Carter and Shawn. When I got to him I gave him a back hug. He turned around, putting his back to the other guys, smiling when he saw it was me.
"Hey beautiful. Where did you disappear to?" Hayes said, holding my hand. Instantly, I started to panic.
"Uh. I was dancing with Matt for a bit, then I went to the washroom." I partially lied. I feel horrible for lying to my boyfriend. But. Yet I didn't. Still. I hope that would be the only time I would be doing that.
"Oh okay." Hayes smiled, dragging me in to dance with him.

We all decided to shut down the "Party" at 2 in the morning. The main reason we stopped it was because the speaker battery died. Everyone was in the main living room and Hayes and I were upstairs in his room. Threw out the night all I was think about was the kiss. At times I would get carried away by the music, but I couldn't stop thinking about it. It was always at the back of my mind. I just couldn't escape it.

"That was the best night ever." Hayes smiled, sitting on the bed, kissing me on the cheek.
"Yeah." I said looking down.
"You okay?" He asked. Honestly, I wish I could just say no and start to bawl in his shoulder as I hug him. I don't want to tell him the reason why, though.
"Never better." I looked up and tried my best to smile at him, like I was happy. Unexpectedly, he pulled me in for a hug, wrapping his arms around my lower waist. I wrapped my arms around to neck.
"I have a feeling your not." He paused. Right then was my breaking point of the tears. But I held them back. I didn't say anything.
"Sarah. I need an answer." Hayes then held my shoulders.
"Hayes, I'm fine. Why wouldn't I be fine? Tonight was awesome. I gotta have a party with the ones I all love." I smiled.
"Okay." He paused. "I love you."
"I love you too." I smiled as I crawled under the covers.
"Goodnight, my love." Hayes smiled, crawling under as well and turning off the lights.
"Goodnight." I whispered.

Honestly, I wasn't tired at all. I just needed a silent cry. Mostly silently, my tears ran down my cheeks, down to the pillow. A loud sniffle, then filled the room. Hayes turned over to face me, turning on the light. I cursed under my breath. Now I have to lie to him for a second time.
"Sarah. What's wrong? Now I need to know." Hayes whispered, his upper body leaning on his elbow.
"I'm uh. Just homesick." I whispered. Hayes handed me a tissue. Carefully, I wiped my eyes.
"Homesick? Anything else bothering you?" He asked. It was a lot like as if Hayes was trying to force me to say what my other problem is. Sadly, I'm not gonna say it.
"Just missing my family." I lied, avoiding eye contact. Hayes then, pulled me into a hug, as we were still laying down. After crying I ended up falling asleep.

__________________________

I'm so sorry that I haven't posted in a few days. I've been super busy.. Thank God for a 5 day long weekend!🙏😄

If you haven't yet, go check out my other story, 'Attention.'. I think you all would love it. But, that's my opinion. It's a Hayes Grier Fan Fiction as well. Go check it out..

Thanks for your patience, and please continue reading.

Hope you had a wonderful day, hope your having a wonderful day, or hope you have a wonderful day.. Haha, kinda depends when your reading this. 😊

Thanks again, and stay beautiful! 💕