~Giwa~

Yure Adediji impressed me with his party. As much as I hated the guy, I'll have to admit that this was a good one.

When I walked in, I gathered attention to myself - as usual. A lot of my classmates ,both guys and girls came up to me welcoming me with hugs and telling me how fabulous I looked - both the ones that genuinely liked me and even the ones I knew hated my guts, still welcomed me with fake smiles and hugs. You see - that was kind of the Invisible rule of playing safe among the populars' in Castron High; even if you don't like em, act like you do and don't bring unnecessary drama to yourself. But then again, I'm Giwa Falade. I follow no damn rules - Invisible or not. So that's why when people like Miranda Archibong threw her arms all over me in a hug, I just brought her filthy hands back down and walked past her like she was thin air.

Geng by Mayorkun was playing and my classmates were just hanging around in little cliques; either gisting, taking selfies or flashing their expensive phones in the air - everyone just trying to cool doing whatever they were doing.

I couldn't help but notice how big the living room was - almost as big as our school hall to state the fact. The Black Couches were placed at the very ends of the room, by the cream colored walls. All of them, arranged in a semi circle pattern. The biggest one of them was directly opposite the large screen plasma TV, and if I should do a mental count on how many people were present in the living room, we'd be getting at least 70 or more. Still, there was still so much room, amidst the semi-crowd he was having in his living room.

..and then the Chocolate fountains?

At different sections of the living room, they were these giant chocolate fountains that people were obviously rushing. Who didn't like Chocolate? It made me wonder if those fountains were actually always there.

Not that it was new to me being in such a big space of a living room with dozens of Chocolate fountains or whatever, but Yure had never said anything about his house being so big and dope before. In fact, to think about it, he never did talk about how rich his parents were, but somehow, everyone still knew.

Yure Adediji was the only child of Mr. Ayo Adediji and Mrs. Maurice Adediji, the joint owners of the 7th biggest Oil Company in Africa, Lithex, and I can bet they were not at home with their son throwing such a party.

Anyways, as you guessed it, Yure literally bathed in money. His parents saw him as the heir to their business, but our Head boy apparently had other plans.

He wants to be a musician.

Yure liked to sing and play instruments and he was really good at it. Although, I'm not so sure of what Mr and Mrs. Adediji think of his ambition. That wasn't really any of my concern. What I really needed to understand was why he invited me here.

At the moment, my classmates were in segregated cliques. At one side, I could see Mena Kafe - the Ms. Skinny of our set, holding up her phone and trying to take a full body selfie as she shot her flat ass out in an attempt to make it look bigger. I could also see Chika Chioma and her small clique of doll faced friends, all gathered together taking pictures and videos of themselves, mouthing to the song playing and trying to look cute at it. I already made up my mind that I was going to mute their status updates on WhatsApp tonight. At another side, I saw Kaniru George and his clan of hulligans popping champaigns and forming bad bosses as they drank up endlessly. They liked to feel like big boys who knew how to drink and do bad stuff.

I took my time, scanning through more of my classmates, individual after individual, clique after clique.

And, just when I thought I wasn't going to see him, there he was - Yure Adediji, in the midst of a few of my classmates, all of them, standing by the stairway, talking about whatever. I quickly scanned the group of classmates surrounding him and Gadafe was the easiest to spot. The ebony boy of the set had an arm around Tofunmi, his girlfriend. And oh wow, apparently, I could also see that Tofunmi had her nails done and was flashing her iPhone 11 pro max in the air as she talked. Her nails were nice. It's a pity she'd have to get rid of them before Monday.