Chapter 27

Rosé's POV.

Lisa and Jennie were really weird today, both looking really sad, not talking much and even avoiding each other. Strange. Maybe tomorrow they'll tell us what's is all about.

Suddenly I heard two voices outside, coming from the corridor. Shit, it must be Jisoo and Taehyung coming back from their date. I ran to my room. Wait, why the hell am I pressing my ear against the door? Am I really going to eavesdrop on her? That's pathetic.

Maybe I'm pathetic, I don't care.

I swear, if she invites him inside, I'm going to... I'm going to...

You're going to do what exactly, Chae? Nothing. Because Jisoo can do whatever she wants. She can even fuck him right there on the couch and all you can do is to put earplugs in your ears to avoid hearing them having sex.

Oh, just shut up, you... stupid voice in my brain!

Then I heard Jisoo say "Good night" and the door closed. I realized that he didn't come inside and my relief was so great that my legs gave in and I slowly dropped on the floor.

I heard how she went to the bathroom and took a shower. When she came out, I don't know why I got up and opened the door.

"Chae? You're still up?" she asked, startled a little.

"Uhm, yeah. So how did the date go?"

"It was good. You know, normal." She clearly didn't want to say more so I didn't press her.

"Listen..." I began to speak but got distracted by a sudden realization how fine Jisoo looked in just a bathroom robe. Like damn.

"Chu, I wanted to ask you something and it can be awkward."

"Oh? You can ask me anything, come on."

"When we all moved in here, things were so cool between us... We were comfortable around each other... we fought a lot, sure, but it was all good fun. And now it all changed... now every time we talk there's this confusing tension between us. I'm sure you know what I'm talking about."

"Yeah, I noticed it too..." Jisoo anxiously bit her lip.

"Are we... mad at each other for something or what?"

Her face softened.

"No, I'm not mad at you..."

"And I'm not mad at you either, so why are we behaving like that?"

"I... don't know." Her perplexed face showed that she was speaking the truth.

"I need you to be my friend, okay? Like this thing with Tzuyu, I don't know why you don't like her, but you should be supportive anyway, because this is what friends do..."

"I know, I'm sorry..." she struggled with herself for a moment. "If you're happy with her then... I promise I'll be supportive from now on."

"Thanks, and I... I promise that I'll support you too, in everything."

God, it was so insanely hard to say these words because in my mind I still had the image of her and Taehyung together. But above all I want her to be happy... Even if I'm not.

"So..." she awkwardly glanced at me. "Are we supposed to we hug now or..."

"I don't know... We never hugged before."

We were looking at each other for a moment, hesitating...

"Yeah, our style is more like insulting each other..."

"Oh, just shut up and come here." I put my arms around her and she did the same. I felt her chin on my shoulder and her soft hair grazing my cheek.. and I suddenly felt so comfortable that I tightened the hug even more. I didn't want things to get too awkward so I broke away from her pretty quickly, still perplexed by how soothing the experience was.

"Sleep well, okay?" she gave me a playful nudge.

"Yeah, you too." I replied before retiring to my bedroom.