'I've just been thinking.'

Tony's POV

Mini description - it's been 1 year since the previous chapter - Tony finally gave in and got put on medication by Bruce, they came out to the public, there was a couple huge battles but nobody got hurt , Loki made up with the rest of the world and now the Avengers hated him a little less. It's about 2 weeks before christmas day, it's Tony and Steve's 2nd christmas together. Bruce and Nat got married, everyone met Clint's family and Thor said he were to be away for christmas but never said where he was going. Steve found Bucky and he was cool with Tony, who made him a new arm. Oh, and Tony had the shrapnel removed from his chest.

"Steve?" He was sat on the armchair in the corner of our room, sketching under the light of the lamp.

"Yeah?"

"Can we talk?" Steve put down his book and pencil and looked up at me.

"Sure, what's wrong?"

"I've just been thinking-"

"Oh no."

"Ha ha. No, I was thinking about how maybe, one day, I'd wanna have a kid." Steve stood up and stopped in front of me. I'd been pacing around the room, twisting my engagement ring on my finger. I always do when I'm nervous. He put his hands on my shoulders and sat me down on the bed, then sat next to me, holding my hand.

"Yeah, me too. Actually, I'm glad you bought this up because I never knew if I should or not."

Gotta admit, I was expecting him to tell me not to be stupid, not agree with me.

"Oh. Wait, what?"

"You look confused, what did I do."

"You agreed with me."

"Yes. Yes I did."

"You wanna have a kid?" He laughed and squeezed my hand reassuringly.

"Yeah! I've always wanted to have a kid but when I was younger I didn't think I ever would. I locked it away, I thought I'd die before I managed to get a girlfriend."

"You still don't have a girlfriend."

"Well, having a boyfriend in the 40's was sorta... frowned upon." I chuckled and looked up at him.

"Huh. Well, that was easier than I thought it would be. Wow," I muttered, laughing nervously, running a hand through my hair. I leant my head on his shoulder and pulled my arms around him.

"I love you, idiot."

"Love you too, weirdo."

SO I KNOW THIS IS REALLY SHORT DON'T HATE ME LMAO

I wrote the christmas chapter today and realised you needed more context so I put it as a 200-word separate chapter because I didn't want to have it mixed with the christmas one, a flashback to this conversation wouldn't be the way to add it in lmaooo

Christmas chapter is being uploaded TODAY as well because I felt bad for just putting in this lol.

I know people put seasonal chapters at the season they're in but I'm not doing that because I don't want to do that and I'm the author so I can do what I want :))