CHAPTER 9.1

" Why do you think Mr. Steve assigned you to assist the mystery freaking rich guests?" Caleb asked while mopping the floor.

We were flourishing the whole dining area of the restaurant as per Mr. Steve's ordered. I was wiping cleaned the cutleries and glasses that we were going to set up for the event, while Melissa was wiping the tables.

I shrugged my shoulders "I don't know, maybe he wants to test me? Did he ever do that to you?" I asked them.

"During my six months here, yes he did, he assigned me to assist the owner of this restaurant. They usually did it to the newly hired employees, to tests your skills and basic knowledge of this restaurant; such as the food and drinks we offer, and if you passed it you will be regular and if not..." She shrugged her shoulder, then continue. "Then you better have to find a new job." Melissa explained. When I was about to answer Caleb beats me.

Caleb exclaimed. "Oh, yeah I remember, right, he did it to me also, during my six months and with the owner too. Thank God she was very nice and not demanding like the others." Caleb continued and started mopping again.

"What I don't understand with your case, is you just working here for two weeks." Melissa queried. I was wondering about that too.

"But worry not Sal, I know you're going to nail It." Caleb told me with a sheepish smile which I'd return.

"Of course I'm going to nail it because you two are going to help me." I told them smiling while pointing the knife that I was wiping in their direction.

It was quarter to six when we'd finished flourishing the whole restaurant and Mr. Steve double check it. I excused myself and went to the comfort room to check on my look. I didn't want to greet and assist those filthy rich people, looking like I went straight from marathon to work.

When I went out of the comfort room I was bumped into Caleb.

"There you are, come quickly." He grabbed my arm and dragged me hurriedly towards the dining area.

"Hey what's the rush?" I asked him, I appalled by his sudden behavior.

"The guests they have arrived already and you're supposed to assist them remember? And Mr. Steve is looking for you now." Caleb answered. I looked at my wristwatch on my left wrist. There's was still ten minutes before six.

"Ah.. there you are. Here take it to him and ask for his order if he's ready." Melissa told me, handing me a tray with a glass of water.

"I thought they were supposed to be two people?" I asked wondering why there was just one glass instead of two.

"I don't know but he's just alone, go quickly." She instructed, hurriedly.

I glanced at the man in question but didn't get a chance to see his face as my manager was standing there and blocking my view. I shrugged and started walking towards where the man was.

When I got a view of the mystery man who rented the whole restaurant. I felt like everything stopped, I stopped walking, my breathing stopped, my brain had stopped working; all I could see was him sitting there, a smirked on his face, his piercing amber eyes were on me.

No no no he can't be here, I'm just having a nightmare please somebody pinch me. Please please let me out of this bad dream!

The sound of the shuttering glass brought me back to reality, but my nightmare was still there, sitting pretty.

"Sal, what happened?" My manager asked. "I'm so sorry Mr. Vitéli, she is just new,." Mr. Steve apologized. I wasn't still moving it was like I was rooted on the floor and if I tried to make a single step my legs might not be able to stand it.