CHAPTER 22

It had been two weeks since Mara's appearance, two weeks since Massimo's harsh words that literally told me that I was just nobody to him. And two weeks since I made a distance between us; mended and built up my cracked up walls so he wouldn't get through me again. I didn't notice that my fears of falling in his grace had already been done, but I was lucky enough to catch myself before I could be buried deep under and beyond salvation. Massimo's outburst was my saving grace it helped me to see the light of truth. The truth that this was just a game to him. The game to determine who really has the power.

Now my resolved to evade him ignited again.

I shrieked at the sudden bang of the door, twisting my neck I found who was the reason for it. "What are you doing here?" I asked appalled.

"Finally." He muttered. "what's wrong with you? Why are you avoiding me?" Massimo implored.

I narrowed my eyes at him. "It's not the answer to my question." I said in uttered annoyance.

"That isn't the answer to my question too." Massimo retorted.

"I'm the one who asked question first, you brute!" I rebutted gritting my teeth. This man never failed to infuriate me. In quick stride, Massimo had trapped me between his colossal body and the marble countertop.

"What are you doing?" I asked horrified, trying to push him off me. Twisting my neck to look at the side where the door was. Without another word, Massimo lifted me up and placed me on the countertop before situating between my legs.

"What are you doing, what if someone walks in?"

"Let them be, I don't fucking care." Massimo said, way too serious. He placed his hands on both sides of my legs before leaning toward my body, completely caging me, resulting in me to leaned back creating a much distance between us. The small act made a twisted grin formed on his lips that made me frown and confused. What's wrong this man?

"You didn't answer my question Red." He asked softly while pinning me with his amber eyes.

I turned my head to the side avoiding his eyes. "I don't know what you're talking about," I answered stubbornly.

Massimo gripped my chin forcing me to look at him and his piercing amber eyes. I glared at him in return. "For the sake of your argument let me rephrase and explain it. Why are you avoiding me in the past couple of weeks that whenever I tried to have a proper conversation with you, you would always cut it short? Most of the time you pretended that you were busy with God knows what? And at night you would act like your already fast asleep so you could evade me. And whenever I kissed you, you would restrain yourself." My eyes widened at his Inquisition or more like a statement. My reaction was like the answered he was looking for based on the smug look on his face.

I masked my shock with a sarcastic laugh. "Don't be so full on yourself Massimo, my world does not revolve around you."

"Yet." Massimo replied.

"What?" I queried.

"Your world doesn't revolve around me yet, but soon it would." Massimo answered cockily.

I huffed. "Not even in your dreams Massimo."

" oh, but you already did." When he said it he sounds so smugly, that made me want to slam his face on the sink. My retort died down when his phone suddenly rang. He answered it with a groned.