CHAPTER 20

Massimo's POV

In the past few days thoughts of my last phone call with my sister danced on my mind. Our parents were selling her off to God only knew who. They couldn't get their claws on me that was why they moved on to my poor little sister. I knew Mara was not happy about being imprisoned in a loveless marriage, she was a sucker of happy endings and fairytales and wanted that fate to herself too and I wanted her to have all of the happiness in this world. But as a Vitéli there were things expected for us, and one of it was to be tied in a marriage for attaining more power.

I was thinking of ways to destroy the cage our parents called marriage before Mara could even come into it. That was why I had unintentionally neglected Red during those days. One late night when I came home Dante talked to me about Red wanted to practice combat training. My first intuition was no way in hell, I wouldn't let her, so I told him no.

When Red came to know about my decision, just as wickedly persistent as she was she pestered me every fucking time. But little did she know that I was more vicious than she thought, I had agreed for her to do combat training but with conditions. First, I would be her personal trainer, I wasn't going to let any man touches Red even a fucking strand of her hair. Second, an unknown condition only time could tell and which she wasn't allowed to refuse. To my surprised she'd agreed, we've sealed our deal with a pinky promise. Ironically, before I thought of it as a childish thing but now it became our thing. The pinky promised from Sally was more powerful than any other form of a deal I've made. Now Red owed me a debt-a debt that wasn't payable with any amount, a debt only she could pay.

After working out and we head to our bedroom, I went into the shower after Red was done but kept the door open as usual. She never came in, and how I wish she would. I knew I was affecting her, I could clearly see it in her eyes. How her breath hitched whenever I'm near, how her body reacted to my kisses and caresses. But just the way she was she would always pull out, she was too determined to suppress what she truly felt.

I knew her mind and body were brawling against each other. Her mind was telling her to fight me but her body betrayed her as it desired me. That was why she was eager to do combat training, she thought once she had learned it she could have a chance to fled away again, but little does she know that I wouldn't let it happen. Sally belongs to me she doesn't know it yet, but soon she would learn to accept and be happy about it.

When I walked out of the bathroom and entered the bedroom after my shower, Red was propped up against the headboard, wearing a baggy shirt, her waist down to her legs were tucked into the blanket. After I brought back all of her things, since then she'd always wore her baggy shirts to bed- much to my disdain. On the other hand, it was also a good thing because it helped me a little to stopped the urged to take her every fucking night.

I didn't know if she'd just deliberately avoided me or just plainly didn't notice me as her eyes were focused on her phone. Her phone that- that was connected to mine, I could see everything she was doing in that device, every phone calls, messages, notifications from social media directly notified me too and a tracking device was also attached to it. I admit I'm a wary bastard.

I walked over the side of my bed and laid down. Sally didn't still spare me a glanced which starting to pissed off. "Turn that off Red and sleep, we still have work tomorrow." I told her. She sneered but put down her phone on the bedside table before turning off the lamp and laid down and I did the same, pulling her towards my body and snaking my arm tightly around her waist.

Almost an hour had past but Red's breathing didn't slow down like it usually did. I was fucking tired and shortly losing my fight against sleepiness. Every night since I took off the chain around her neck, I would always wait for her to fall asleep before I could slumber. Simply because I didn't trust her, not when I know what she was capable of. I knew she'd run the moment I let her out of my sight. I wouldn't give her another chance to evade me.