XIII

I flop down on my bed in my Vegas hotel room.

The Pac-12 tournament starts tomorrow, but I decided to fly in a day early to explore the city but those plans have quickly been changed to sleeping. There was a baby crying my entire flight and I couldn't sleep, like I normally would.

---

I take my seat next to the Ionescu's for the final of the tournament.

They blew past Utah and Arizona and they're playing Stanford in the finals.

I'm kind of nervous because Stanford beat them last year, but I think they're better prepared this year.

---

Sabrina let's a three fly and makes it. She looks over at me and winks, then smirks.

Holy

Fuck.

The fucking bet. I completely forgot about that.

After the Arizona game, we made a bet that if she makes a three during the final game, I have to do something for her after.

I think I have a pretty good idea of what I'm going to do.

---

The buzzer goes off and the game ends with the score at 89-56, Oregon getting the win.

I feel a few tears go down my face. One step closer to the tournament for them. One step closer to the National Championship game for Sab.

We sit through the trophy ceremony and then make our way down to court.

Sabrina, as usual is surrounded by the media, so I go find Sedona.

"SEDONA! Y'ALL WON!" I yell as I jump into her arms.

"FUCK YEAH!"

She sets me down. I reach up and take her hat off of her head.

"You're a jerk!" She yells.

I start running and she follows after. I weave through everybody on the court but slip, making me lose my balance. I regain it but Sedona has already caught up. She grabs me and spins me around.

"AHHHH! SEDONA STOP!!" She sets me down and grabs the hat off my head.

"Don't steal my hat again." She warns.

"I'll still do it." I tease.

I feel arms go around my waist and instantly smile.

I turn around and face my... I don't know what to call her... girlfriend... exclusive friend?

"You did amazing." I tell her.

"Eh, I could have done better." She says.

"C'mon Sab, give yourself some credit."

She pulls me into her chest. I wrap my arms around her and lean into her touch.

"I don't deserve someone like you." She says then kisses my head.

"Yes you do. You deserve the world."

"Babe..." She puts her head down in an attempt to hide her blush.

I kiss her cheek, which makes her face redder.

"Let me take a picture of you two." Sedona says. I completely forgot she was watching.