XIX

AN: I LITERALLY SCREAMED WHEN I WAS READING THESE COMMENTS SKSKSK

I from my spot against the headboard as Sab watches the SportsCenter replay of them breaking down the draft. I move forward andwrap my arms around her from behind and rest my chin on her shoulder.

"Baby, you've been watching this for the past hour and half." I whisper.

"I know."

"Its 1 am, you need to sleep so you don't look like a bum tomorrow." I tell her.

"Just let me finish this clip."

I pick up the remote and turn off the TV.

"Please baby." I beg.

"No."

I unwrap my arms from around her and roll off the bed. I walk in front of her and kneel down. I grab her face in my hands.

"You have nothing to be nervous about. Baby, you are seriously the best player that is available and don't you dare say you aren't because you are. I know you're going number one and when you do, we're going to celebrate like nothing else matters, okay?" I reassure her.

"Okay." I pull her head down and connect our lips for a slow, passionate kiss. One of those kisses that lights up your entire soul.

I pull away because I was smiling too much.

"I love you." I whisper against her lips.

"I love you too."

---

"...and with the first pick of the 2020 WNBA Draft, the New York Liberty select Sabrina Ionescu from the University of Oregon." The commissioner says.

I get up and put the Liberty hat on her and quickly kiss her cheek. I back up and let her family have their moment with her.

She does her interview and I can't help but notice she has a smile on her face the entire time. That makes me so happy.

As soon as the cameras cut, I go and plop on her lap.

"I'm proud of you." I tell her.

Her cheeks get red and she looks down.

"Thanks."

I place my fingers under her chin and lift up her head. I lean in to kiss her but she stops me.

"My parents, remember?"

"Fine." I get off her lap and grab an already opened bottle of champagne.

"LET'S GET THIS PARTY STARTED!" I yell.

---

"Dear lord..." I mumble as I rub my eyes.

"Morning." Sab says.

"What did I do last night?" I ask.

"You drank like two bottles of champagne and got drunk somehow."

"Oh my God! When did I become such a lightweight?!"

"Well, since I knew you weren't going to have a good time this morning so I went out and got you some flowers and a teddy bear." She reaches to the side of the bed and grabs the flowers.

"Awww, baby." I grab the bear and put my head on her chest.

"Do you think we could tell my parents today?" Sab asks.

"Of course, us against the world."

"Us against the world." She holds out her pinkie and I hook mine with hers.