XVII

Sabrina comes running out of her parents house. She accidentally goes a little too far and falls down, skidding a couple of feet past my car.

I try to hold in my laughter but fail horribly.

I get out and stumble towards her but end up on the ground next to her, holding my stomach from laughing so hard.

I take a moment to try and breathe, I look at Sabrina, who's still laughing and realize that I want to marry this girl. I'm so fucking in love with her, it's crazy.

We compose ourselves minutes later. I haven't laughed that hard in a long time.

Sab helps me with my bags. She takes me into the house and leads me down a hallway.

"Where's Eddy?" I ask.

"He's probably playing 2k in his room."

"Fun."

"You didn't sound too enthusiastic." Sab points out.

"Sorry, I'm just really tired." I mumble out.

"Are you sure? It really seems like something is bothering you."

I look up at her and burst into tears. She takes me into her arms and softly rubs up and down my back.

"I love you so much and I'll never stop." She whispers into my ear, "I'll always be here for you." She pulls away and starts wiping the tears from my face.

"I-I'm sorry." I stutter out.

"Don't be sorry. Whatever is bothering you is valid."

"I-Its just really stupid and I shouldn't be having an entire mental breakdown over it." I say with a small laugh.

Sab let's out a little chuckle.

"If it's that stupid, then just tell me so we can laugh about it."

"I want to do a fifth year of track but my sponsor is threatening to drop me if I do." I tell her.

"Baby, that's not stupid at all. You have all the reason to be upset about that. I know it's such a hard decision but you just need some time and it looks like we'll have a lot of that." Sab tells me.

"Yeah, I guess."

"Look, we can take some time this week and just talk about it." She suggests.

"That sounds good but can we snuggle now?" I ask.

"Of course."

---

"YOU FOULED ME! THAT WAS A LITERAL PUNCH TO THE FACE!" I yell at Sab.

"YOU'RE JUST BEING SO DRAMATIC! DO YOU HEAR YOURSELF?!"

"I agree with Mollie." Eddy says.

"Don't even get me started on you." Sab mumbles under her breath.

"You mean when you literally shoved him?" I ask.

"DON'T FUCKING EVEN!" She yells.

"YOU PLAY SO FUCKING DIRTY, IT IS RIDICULOUS! LOOK AT MY FUCKING KNEES!" I point to both if my knees, which are scratched up from the long day of playing basketball out in the driveway.

"I'm surprised you didn't break a bone." Eddy tells me.

"Shut up." Sab says.

"I wasn't talking to you." Eddy says to his sister.

Just then Mr. Ionescu comes and breaks us up before anything else can happen.

I take a minute to cool down on the couch and decide to just sleep there tonight.

I do my night routine in the bathroom and find my way back onto the couch. I adjust the pillows around and find a comfy spot, falling asleep in the matter of minutes.

---

I slowly open my eyes and try to stretch out but my arm is held down. I look down and Sab is sleeping on the floor next to couch, holding my hand that's hanging off the couch.

I carefully reach across the space between the couch and the coffee table and grab my phone. I take a picture of her and quickly post it to Twitter.

@molliemoreno: We fought last night, so I slept on the couch and then woke up to this🥺 I love her more than anything.

I put my phone down and slowly untangle our fingers and then carefully get off the couch. I slowly move myself down onto her chest and rest my head where I can hear her heartbeat, but before I can get too comfortable, her arms go around me and pull me close.

"Morning." She mumbles out, kissing the top of my head after.

"Sorry you had to sleep on the floor."

"Its fine. I just wanted you to be safe and if it means I'm sleeping on the floor, then I don't care." She says.

"Awwww baby, I love you so much." I tell her.

"I love you too."