XVIII

"Sab, where's the heating pad?" I ask as I open her bedroom door. "Oh shit." I whisper to myself when I see her on a zoom call.

I completely forgot she had like a thing and its like really important.

She turns around and glares at me. I decide to annoy her and go up and wrap my arms around her from behind.

"Hey y'all!"

"What an unexpected guest! Welcome Mollie!" Cari Champion says.

"Thanks! Sorry to interrupt, I was just trying to find something."

"No, it's totally fine. We were actually just about to talk about what we've been doing during quarantine, if you want to join?" Cari asks.

"Of course!" I sit on Sab's lap and her face becomes red.

"Since we're at it, you two can go first." Cari says, referring to us. "What have you guys been up to during this time?"

"We've just been trying to stay in shape. We've been working out together everyday and just trying to stay ready for anything. We've been having a lot of fun competing and yeah." Sab tells them.

"We sometimes get a little too competitive, her dad had to break up a fight we were having about a 1v1 yesterday. We've also been able to catch up on Netflix, you know, essentials," I joke, making a few of the other people on the call laugh. "Overall, the times may be different but I think as athletes we're trained to adapt to any situation and right now isn't any different." Everyone nods.

---

"All of these look like good offers." Sab says.

"I can't choose."

"Well... Nike will allow us to be able to see each a bit more and it's just an amazing brand to sign with, from the research I've done-"

"Awww, you did research?" I ask.

"I wanted to help the most I could." My heart melts.

"Baby, that's adorable." I turn and grab her face, kissing her hard.

She pulls away, "NOPE! NOPE! You're not distracting me with sex!"

"But-" She cuts me off.

"You can't put this off any longer."

"Well, in that case... I know who I want to sign for." I say.

"Nike?" She asks.

"How'd you know?"

"I guess I just knew." She says.

"Well... can we celebrate?" I ask with a smirk.

"You're such a teenage boy!"

"You know you can't complain about it though." I say.