Ch. 7: Responsibility

( I do not own any of the pictures or videos used in this story)

Italics = thoughts

(F/N's POV)

A few days after my Uncle's death, we held a funeral at the local cemetery. I wore my best suit and stood next to my aunt at the service, who was wearing a black dress on this dreary day. In attendance was Dr. Octavius, Midoriya with his mom, Felicia, and Norman Osborn, but no Harry unfortunately. Even Flash and Bakugo came with each of their parents. Even though Flash and Bakugo weren't my friends, I appreciated that they came, even if it was their parents who dragged them here. I did sense some conflict between Otto and Norman, who I believe had history with one another. They avoided one another at the funeral.

After the service, I got a lot of condolences. Midoriya was one of the first who approached me as Aunt May spoke to his mom and a few others.

Midorya: "F/N, I'm so sorry. I have no idea what you're going through, but if you need anything, all you have to do is ask."

F/N: "Thanks, Midoriya. I really appreciate it. You're a good friend. I wish my friend Harry was here too. I think you'd like him too."

Midoriya: "Harry is Mr. Osborn's son, right? He is studying abroad isn't he?"

F/N: "Yeah. It's already been about 4 years since I last saw him."

As we spoke, Midoriya's mother approached us.

Mrs. Midoriya: "F/N, I'm sorry for your loss. You are a kind boy and have been a good friend to Izuku. I'm sorry you and your aunt have to go through something like this. If you ever need anything from Izuku or I, feel free to ask anytime."

F/N: "Thank you, Mrs. Midoriya. I can't tell you how good it has been to know you and Izuku. I'll be sure to keep in touch if I need anything."

She gave me a motherly hug and I said my goodbyes to the two of them. Otto was the next person to talk to me.

Otto: "F/N, I understand this is an incredibly difficult time for you. Take as much time you need away from the lab to deal with your loss. I will be as accommodating as possible."

F/N: "Thank you, Dr. Octavius. I think I will need some time off. Honestly though, work may help keep me busy while I process all this. I'll keep you in the loop."

Otto put his hand on my shoulder, gave me a nod, and moved to walk away. As he did, Norman approached me.

F/N: "Mr. Osborn."

He walked up to me and put his hand on my shoulder.

Norman: "F/N. It's good to see you. I wish it was under better circumstances."

F/N: "Me too. Thank you for coming. Have you heard from Harry recently?"

Norman: "I heard from him about a week ago. He is keeping up with his studies and is receiving the treatment he requires. I miss him too. I'm glad to hear you are waiting here for him once he is better."

F/N: "Of course, sir. I may have had new friends since he left, but Harry and I will always be best friends. I'm glad to hear he's doing well."

Norman: "You're like a brother to Harry. That makes you family. If you ever need anything, just give me a call. I may be a busy man, but I'll always have time for you if you need it."

F/N: "Thank you very much."

Norman: "Of course. Take care of yourself and watch that aunt of yours. You two will need each other more than ever now."

He left after that and before long, the place began to clear out. I took one last look at his grave and began to walk back to the car with my aunt. It was then that Felicia tapped me on the back, making me turn to look at her.