Ch. 25: Akio's "Small" Problem

Rindou told them that Azami was going onto his private helicopter to go on to the next venue. After hearing that, Erina and the other first years ran up to the very top and saw Azami.

Erina asked Azami to bring back the expelled students but he refused and continue walking to the helicopter. Yukihira then told Azami that why won't they speed things up and have a match betting the seats of the Elite Ten. Again Azami refuses until...

"Oh man. Ever so cold, aren't ya Nakamura? Don'tcha think you should speak nicer to my precious one and only son?"

"Joichiro Saiba!!?"

"D... Dad!?"

"Heeeey Soma! I heard you got revenge on Shiomi's pupil! Good for you!"

"Never mind that! Why is it you always show up outta blue..!"

"Saiba-sama.. Grandfather... why are you two here..?" Erina asked. Akio stood next to her and nodded as if asking the same thing.

"... Hey Erina-chan and Akio-chan... You both grown so much. Sorry to barge in. Y'see I've got.. something to speak to your dad about, too. Nakamura... Soma's proposition... I don't think you should throw it out quite yet, you know? So let's make them do it the usual way."

"Huh...?" Azami looked at Saiba.

"A team battle."

Hearing those words from his mouth, Akio saw his father's eyes light up for a little bit.

"The Régiment De Cuisine!" Saiba declares. "If you are worried about what's being bet, I'm preparing that. Go on and accept it... take on the Regimental Shokugeki, Nakamura."

"... Saiba-senpai, it would seem you don't fully understand the situation at hand. Allow me to explain. The moment that I took the Headmaster's seat from Senzaemon-dono, I had already achieved 90% completion of my plans. Currently, everything else is merely clean up. There is absolutely nothing you could possibly offer me that would merit accepting such a challenge." Azami said.

"Are you sure about that? How about, if this side loses.. I'll pledge allegiance to you as one of your soldiers?"

"...That.. what do you.." Azami said as if confused.

"If we lose, I'll close down "Yukihira." I'll cast away the ideology skills I've refined in my diner... and become the embodiment of the cooking you wish for. I'll help you deliver your salvation. And become your dog to your.. "True gourmet"." Saiba said, seriously.

"... Is that for real? ... Then let it be." Azami was shaking and had a wide smile on his face.

"Very well then. I shall propose a date and time for this decisive battle. The final site of the advancement exam.. Rebun Island! As this was going to be the site of the final test from the very beginning, there should be no obstacles to having the match here. Let this place be the site of this decisive battle. And as for the rules and particulars, I propose that we discuss then at a later time. What do you say?" Senzaemon announce.

"...That is fine. Saiba-senpai...! I'm ecstatic! When you reduced yourself to serving the likes of those commoners in that diner, I was in despair. But now... Today is a good day, truly a good day." Azami chuckles.

"I'd prefer you not to speak as if you've already won." Takumi speaks. "We'll bring back our friends and so you from destroying Yukihira Diner. We will win! That much is certain!"

"M-me too.. though I'm.. scared.. I want to save everyone..!" Tadokoro jumps in.

"Tadokoro-san! How about that, Azami Nakiri! We're gonna fight as one! Isn't that right, Yukihira?"