Ch.14: Curry, Spice, and Everything in Between

Third PoV

"So-sorry for the intrusion.." Tadokoro bows stiffly.

Hayama and Akio stands in front of the door, very confused about what just happened. Some minutes passes by and everyone is sitting in a chair. As everyone was sitting down, Shiomi was telling them about how Yukihira's father would always use her as a guinea pig and use her at any opportunity he had since Shiomi was the youngest in the dorm.

"I got emotional scars that will last forever." Shiomi said looking determined.

"Wait. Stop, stop! Your appearance is almost exactly the same!" Yukihira said.

"We-well.. people often tell me 'You look so young.' Maybe it's because I've always eaten food with lots of spices. Many of them have aesthetic effects." Shiomi said, putting both her hands on her cheeks.

"Then Pops.. was terrible with his juniors, wasn't he, Tadokoro?" Yukihira said looking at Tadokoro.

Tadokoro gives Yukihira a straight face. Akio then wonders who Yukihira's father is.

"Ermmm, umm.. We're students from the Polar Star Dorm, and we wanted you to teach us some things about curry.." Tadokoro said.

"That's right! The Autumn Selection Preliminaries' theme was announce and-" Yukihira gets cut off when Shiomi turned away.

"I don't mind teaching just the girl, but I have nothing to talk about with Saiba-senpai or his relatives." Shiomi said turning her head again.

'She's avoiding eye contact with Yukihira...' Akio thought to himself.

"Sorry... We finally get some visitors and she's cruel to you. I'm her assistant, a first year from the high school division. The name's Hayama. You guys are also first years, right? I've seen you in some classes." Hayama introduced himself as he sat himself next to Shiomi.

"Eh? But, you normally don't enter seminars until the second year, right..?" Tadokoro asked.

Akio first time hearing this, got very interested in the conversation so he scooted up more to hear.

"About that.. That woman needs me. She can't do anything but tinker with spices. Right, Jun?" Hayama said turning to Shiomi.

"It's 'Professor Shiomi'!! Don't call me Jun. Ha.. Hayama-kun, you're my assistant. As such, you should be respectful and-" Shiomi blushed embarrassed but being cut off by Hayama.

"Jun.. You forgot to water the plants today." Hayama said, making Shiomi jump.

"I did it for you."

"Yes.. I'm sorry."

As Hayama lectures Shiomi, Akio thought, 'Wow, I already like this guy. He's interesting. Oh.. She's getting even smaller.'

Later in that same room, Akio, Yukihira, and Tadokoro looks around.

"At any rate, you sure have lots of spices. Ah! This smells a lot like curry!" Yukihira said smelling one of the spices.

"That's a spice called "Kari Patta", it's also called curry leaf." Hayama explained to Yukihira.

"Eh..!! This.. is a fresh curry leaf!?" Tadokoro exclaimed.

"Tadokoro? You know it?" Yukihira was shocked.

When Tadokoro explained about it and asked Hayama how he got it, Akio smelled one of the spices then quickly pinched his nose.

"Even though the some of the spices smells good.. some have such a strong smell..." Akio whispered to himself.