Ch. 36: The Curse of the God Tongue

Two Days Later

"Now, then! The last match of the evening! In the Red corner, Takumi Aldini! Versus... in the Blue corner.. Erina Nakiri!"

Akio watches the battle between Erina and Takumi. He sees the expression on Erina's face that showed anger. Akio touched his earring as he watches the battle start.

Just when the battle was about to end, Akio goes down from the audience. He stops right where the enterence and exit was that lead to the arena. As Akio waits there, he sees that Erina took one of the plates Takumi made and threw it into the trash. This made Akio feel frustrated but felt like there was nothing he can do. The battle ends with Erina winning.

Erina exits out of the arena, she passed by Akio without looking at him. Akio turns to look at Erina and talk to her but Asahi was there instead.

"You looked pretty pained there, my prince. Having a sadden face is a waste of your beauty. You're killing your future husband here!"Asahi says as he walks up to Akio.

"Leave me alone." Akio says.

"I've won my own fair share of matches, you know. Besides... Are you sure you want to be so cold to me? The only person that can make your dream come true is me. Asahi Saiba."

"What're you talking about?"

"It's simple, just like I said.I'm the only person that can make your dream come true. I'm your hero."

"Is that all? Then, I'll take my leave here.." Akio walks pass Asahi and goes the same way Erina went.

After some time, Tadokoro went against Asahi, with Asahi winning. At the end of their battle, Asahi starts to shout.

"You're watching on some monito somewhere, aren't you, miss Bookmaster? How was that? My superhuman ability really is something', ain't it? Multiplying togeter two knives has infinite applications! It's virtually guaranteed to bring forth a dish that's never before been tasted in the history of the world! I alone am the person worthy of standing atop BLUE!"

One of the judegs jumps up from her seat, "H-Hey! Watch your tone! You're speaking to the top og the WGO!"

"By the way, if I win, there's something I want. Here's something that I feel I should have your approbal for! That should make it obvious enough, right?"

Then, Mana who was watching the TV screen, asks Anne, "This was the man, wasn't it. The chef that was courting Akio."

"Y-Yes." Anne answers.

"Hmm... Do what you wish. The chef that can produce the dishes I seek shall recieve whatever their heart desires. Asahi Saiba. I have high expectations for you." Mana says.

Back at the arena, Erina stands there with blank eyes. Akio walks up to Erina, but Asahi comes to talk to Erina.

"How about that? Pretty good demonstartion, wasn't it? Seems like your mom liked it?"

"How do you know about our mother?!" Erina asks.

"Come on. I had to investigate a little, you know. After all, your brother is my husband-to-be."

"I'm going to take the crown of BLUE! And then... I'll be the one to make mother a "Dish That's Never Before Existed On This Earth!" I won't be satisfied unless I win over her like that! You've no role to play here." Erina walks away.

"Deep down, you've realized it, haven't you? The God Tongue can never make your mother's wishes come true. The God Tongue is what broke MAna Nakiri! The thing that mader her despair about cooking itself! The thing that prevents her from eating a real meal! What she needs is a completely different ability! Without that, she'll never get the dishes she seeks! Can't you feel the atmosphere in here? No one's doubting my victories any more! In fact, I'd like you to show me one person that disagrees with me! The chef that will be her savior isn't you. It's me." Asahi says.