4

Shadow's P.O.V.
(Past)
I liked him. Ever since that day that we had talked and gotten to know each other, I realized how I felt. I liked him. And if letting him stay in my house, if helping him with Eggman, if I needed to stop fighting with all his friends to get him closer, I will.

This was a weird and new feeling for me but I liked it. And I didn't want it to be gone. I did not want it to be taken away from me so I had to act quick.

I had brought his favorite as I waited for him to wake up. I had not told Rouge nor anyone about how I felt and I was not going to. At least not before Sonic.

"Is that...? Do I smell...?-" I cut him off.

"Chili dogs. Yes. They are in the microwave." I said and looked up. He yawned and stretched exposing his curves making my ear flickered a couple of times.

"You brought me chili dogs?" He smiled and I nodded then looked back at the TV and rested back on the couch trying to stay calm.

"Yes. You told me those are your favorite so I did." I looked at him as he walked to the kitchen and grabbed the bag. "Is there a problem?" I asked noticing he was looking at the bag with a confused expression.

"Nothing. It's just weird that you are being nice. I'm trying not to get used to it." He chuckled softly and I rolled my eyes.

"I told you I didn't want to fight anymore." I said and looked back at the TV. I could hear him walking closer.

"So you weren't kidding?"

"When have I ever made a joke?"

"Well, I was just saying. You get easily annoyed of me." He sat beside me and started eating. I didn't mind. As long as he didn't made a mess or would clean after himself.

"You gave me a reason. You would not stop bothering me." I looked at him just to find out he was looking at me.

"Yeah. I guess you are right. I'm sorry."

"No," I shook my head and sighed. "I am sorry for always snapping and hurting you."

"You are apologizing? I have never in my life heard you say sorry until now." He said completely shocked.

"Just accept the apology, Sonic."

"I've never heard you say my name either!" He said and smiled making my ear twitched at seeing that. He was so cute. I couldn't keep my eyes off him. He then chuckled softly and nodded at me. "It's all in the past Shadow. So, does this mean we are friends?" He ate from his chili dog and looked at the TV as we talked. But I kept looking at him for a bit more. He was just so amazing, so beautiful and cute.

"Actually..." I sighed. Nothing will ever happen if I never tell him. "I don't want to just be your friend..." I mumbled and looked at the TV, trying to avoid blushing. I didn't want to be called a softie.

"What? Best friend? My partner against Eggman?" He chuckled as he kept looking at the TV.

"More like... your partner in general." I cleared my throat and his ears perked up then looked at me with eyes wide open and quickly swallowed what he was chewing.

Chaos...