5

Shadows P.O.V.
"What...?" He asked confused.

"I like you, Hedgehog."

"Are you serious?"

"When have I ever made a joke?"

"Well, you don't, never but..." He put the plate down on the coffee table and looked at me. He started messing with his right glove, I noticed he did that whenever he was nervous or didn't know what to say. "You like me? ME?" He scratched the back of his neck as his muzzle turned a very light pink color.

"Yes, I do." I tried to sound calm but my hands were sweating and my heart was beating quickly.

"I-" I was going to say something but he interrupted me trying to interrupt him. "Let me talk." He stopped for a bit and took a deep breathe. "I like you too. But-"

"But. There's always a but." He snickered at that and shook his head.

"I told you to let me talk." He crossed his arms and rolled his eyes in a playful way. "But what you heard me rant about before we got here, was all true. My mother wants me to marry Princess Sally, I am Aleena's son, there are things you still don't know that might make you hate me even more."

"That's not true." I chuckled. "I never hated you. I just... didn't know what these feelings were. I'm sorry. Can we give this a try? Will you go out with me?"

"Did you not hear me just now? My mother-"

"I just want a yes or no." I cut him off.

"But-"

"Yes or no?" I said softly.

He looked at me straight in the eyes as if looking for some answers. As if trying to read me. As if trying to figure out if I meant all of this. He looked down with his ears lowered and smiled softly. I knew my answer right away.

"Yes..." He said lowly making me smile for the first time in a long time.

"Come here." I said as I motioned first him to get closer to me. He did so without questioning anything.

I grabbed the plate of chili dogs and made him turn around. I turned for my back to the arm rest of the couch and picked up my legs on top of the couch. I moved Sonic closer and made him sit between my legs and pulled him back to rest on me so we were cuddling.

I kept my arms wrapped around him and rested my head on top of his as we watched TV and he ate. I had dreamt of having him with me ever since the day I found out how I felt. I had dreamt of seeing him smiling at me for once a smile I would bring to his face.

I wished the day would come where we would be together and I would be the one making him happy. I wished for the day that I would be genuinely happy with someone.

I never thought I would ever be this lucky.

But here we are.