8

Sonic's P.O.V.
(Past)
It had been about 2 months or so after Eggmans death, Shadow and I had been dating for almost half a year by now. We weren't living together but we did spend most of the time at each other's houses.

Shadow was currently in a mission. I was bored to death as I laid down on my couch as I watched TV.

After Eggmans death, I was desperate for some action, for an adventure, for some entertainment. I had even considered to join GUN but Shadow made me promise him not to and later explain how GUN works. They would never leave me alone and would torture me if they see I mess up in anything. He was really worried over me so I promised I wouldn't.

Nevertheless, I was still bored and looking for an adventure. I tried helping the police and even helping the Chaotix in some cases but it was not the same thing as the adrenaline I would feel of destroying the robots and having to save the civilians.

My days of being a hero came to an end and I knew I had to accept it. Unlike before, I could walk in the streets without being bothered, taken pictures of, or being followed or crowded anymore. My life was way calmer now and I really did not know what to do with my life anymore.

Don't get me wrong, I was not planning on killing myself or anything. I was really happy with Shadow but I needed something else in my life. A distraction.

I sighed and just kept watching the movie for the 100th time this week and moved so I was upside down in the couch as I thought of something to do.

I glanced up at a picture of my friends and I then I sat up correctly and grabbed it. This picture had all of us, Tails, Knuckles, Rouge, Shadow, Silver, Mephiles, Amy, and me. It was when Shadow and I were still fighting so he was glaring at me in the picture but I had an arm wrapped around him.

I laughed softly as I held the picture. I remember that day clearly. Rouge had invited us to a party and we all went since we all had to for Rouge. Rouge had tried to get me and Shadow to talk, we did talk, but with fists.

About two hours in the party we all got notifications that Eggman was attacking. I was being chased by Metal Sonic as the others were trying to protect the civilians. I remember how alive I felt that day.

Chaos.

"Sonic!" My ears perked up and I looked at the door. Amy ran inside and I put the picture down.

"Is everything okay, Ames?"

Shadow's P.O.V.
(Past)
I had come back from the mission and had forgotten my phone in the office. I ignored it, I didn't care. I just wanted to go see Sonic not caring how beat up and weak I was.

I could not stop thinking about him or talking about him. I could not get him out of my mind every single day. When I was away, all I thought about was him and how much I wanted him around and how much I missed him.

I wanted to have him in my arms, I wanted to hold him, hug him, kiss him. I wanted to be with him in general.

I loved him.

I walked inside his house since he'd given me a key and I looked around. It was already night so I knew he was probably asleep.

"Sonic...?" I whispered lowly and looked around. I walked to the living room and saw the Tv on so I walked to the control, grabbed it and turned in off.

I looked around confused then went to Sonics bedroom. "Sonic...?" I said lowly as I slowly pushed the door open since it was semi opened already. All the lights were off so I figured he was asleep.

As I took a step closer, I saw what was in the bed and I froze as I felt my heart shatter in thousands of pieces.

Of course.

Why did I ever think this was ever going to work?

Why did I ever think Sonic actually wanted to be with me? With someone who used to hurt him daily?

I took a step back as tears threatened to come out as I looked at the two sleeping in the bed. The bedsheets were a mess and she was naked as she hugged Sonic.

Why...?

We both promised we would never hurt each other.

Why did he do this...?

I really thought he was happy with me...

I guess I was wrong.