silent treatment (f/a)

In which you give Harry the silent treatment - wc: 2,900+

You and Harry had fought before, although it wasn't often. You both were prone to stress and it would cause you to butt heads now and then. If only you had a bad day, Harry could make it all better with a home cooked meal and cuddles, peppering kisses along your jaw until a smile broke through. If only Harry had a bad day, you would lay behind him on the couch, massaging your fingers in his hair and pampering him until he let his built up tension slip away. However, if you both had a bad day - there was no one to comfort the other partner, and this was where things usually turned negative.

The fights were small, and they never lasted long, and never got harsh. It was less a fight and more passive aggressive grumbly comments as you both sulked about your home for the night. Eventually, one of you would cave and apologize for acting bitchy and the night would end with a shared bath and a few glasses of wine. You were both proud as a couple to say you never had the big, blow-up screaming match fight - until tonight.

The cause of the fight didn't matter much - it never did. You and Harry were faithful to each other, and you never had fights about cheating rumors, accusations, or anything of the sort. No, your fights were much more domestic - the dishes left in the sink, how come I always have to do the laundry, or arguing over who was going to cook dinner. This was what led to the shared annoyance with one another after both having a long day, and rather than talk it out (or fight it out) you would both just be moody teenagers stomping around your home. Tonight, however, something in you wanted to fight it out - something in your brain told you stomping around wasn't going to settle your dissatisfaction with the mess Harry had made during his day home, that you were expected to clean up after a 9-hour work day.

Harry was surprised, to say the least, when you approached him, chewing him out for the messy home. "You've been home all day and you seriously couldn't be bothered to even run the dishwasher?"

Like a deer caught in headlights, he stared back at you, dumbfounded. This only angered you more.

So you pushed further, "Don't just stare at me like that, Harry, I'm not your fucking maid! I just got home after a 9 hour work day and what... I'm supposed to pick up after you like you're my child?"

And much to your surprise, Harry fired back, "What, am I just some stay-at-home fiance now? Just because I'm taking a little break from work? You want me to cook and clean for you? Greet you at the door with a martini?"

You laughed coldly. Classic of him to play that card.

"Harry, I don't expect you to do anything, but I don't expect you to treat our house like a bachelor pad and trash it during the day! It would just be nice if you thought of someone else for once."

You hurt him, when you said that. And you felt guilty for it, immediately after saying it. But the guilt was quickly replaced by hurt of your own.

"You're really gonna stand here and call me selfish?"

"Harry, I never s-"

He cut you off, "That's rich, if either of us in this relationship takes without giving we both know damn well it's you."

You had hurt him, but he had stabbed you right in the chest.

"Harry, what is that supposed to mean?"

He laughed, "You're bitching at me for making a mess in my house that I paid for. And then have the nerve to call me selfish?"

When you agreed to move in with Harry, you had brought this up - how can it be our house if I'm moving into a house you already own? And he constantly shut down your worries, assuring you what was his was yours, and this home would be yours together.