Chapter 1

Author's Note

Hey guys! So this chapter is also on The Best Ships of All Time, but when my friend asked me to continue this, I didn't want to take it off, and so ya.

- Horseluv6

Chat Noir skipped over rooftops, his Lady ahead of him.

"M'lady?" Chat Noir said hesitantly

"Chat. Not now. Just-" She trailed off. Her eyes were filled with hurt and disappointment. Not at Chat. He hoped. That day they had defeated another Akuma. Just like any other day. Except, it was not just any other day of saving Paris. To Chat and Ladybug's shock, she had revealed her identity first. Chat didn't understand. She was always the one talking about how their identities had to remain secret. But.. she had done it. Willingly too. Chat was baffled. What could have possibly driven her to do such a thing?

"M'lady, please." He begged

She glared back. "Shut up Chat!"

He frowned. "Look, so what your Mari? How does that change anything?"

She breathed shakily, still skimming rooftops. "Chat...I don't know what came over me. I just... felt this surge of, well, I don't know. Just this complete and utter desire to reveal my identity to you. I couldn't ignore it!"

Chat thought for a minute. "That's... weird."

"... Yeah. I know."

They traveled the rest of the way in silence, and when they reached Mari's house, she looked right and left before hopping on the balcony and changing into Marinette. Chat was still in disbelief. The love of his life had been in the same class as him for a whole two years and he had never known, and to top it all off, he had rejected her in civilian form. Perfect. No pun intended. Chat didn't feel like making any puns right now.

He tried again to talk. "Mari, listen, your amazing! I had no idea that the love of my life was in the same school as me for two years! That's crazy!"

She paused and turned white. "WHaT?"

He gasped with the realization of what he had just said. "Um, no! That's not what I meant!"

Marinette stumbled and sat on the plastic chair that sat outside, her head in her hands. "This is too much." She mumbled.

"What do you mean?" Chat protested. "I might actually be your crush then! How awesome would that be?"

She squeaked and turned to him in disbelief, face swimming in red. "There is no way you're A- I mean, my crush."

"How do you know Bugaboo?"

She threw up her hands, her Ladybug demeanor showing through. "For that exact reason. He's... much more wholesome than you."

"Oh, really?"

"Yes! Now... just go away Chat. I need time." A single tear fell from her cheek and splashed in slow motion, at least it seemed that way to Chat. He was suddenly filled, consumed with sorrow, because his Lady was sad. He wanted to curl up next to her and growl at anyone or anything that dared get near her. But he knew that was both impossible and unnecessary. Mari---or Ladybug could take care of herself just well.

Chat looked at Mari with eyes that said so much. They glistened with tears. Not because he was being snapped at, but because his Lady was suffering.

"Whatever you ask of me M'lady." He bowed and sprung away, leaving Mari with her head lowered, hands trembling.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>