CHAPTER EIGHT

Confronting her feelings, in general, was deemed to be a challenge for Dahlia

Confronting her feelings, in general, was deemed to be a challenge for Dahlia. She knew it was not going to be immediate for her to just throw away the lies she built and allow the emotion in—but she did not expect it to take as long as it was.

The old saying goes that old habits die hard was relevant in so many circumstances.

Her boost of confidence was delicate for the entire process and every time she allowed the emotion—or for a better explanation, a certain male into her thoughts—she was pushed back to square one.

The tingling in her chest and the burning feel to her cheeks had her undone every second. It was truly her first-time fancying someone and the feeling was putting her in situations she had not dreamed of.

During the summer of that year, Dahlia was sure her heart was going to burst. The reason for that was because Lily had so graciously convinced her to stay over the entire summer vacation, which was not something the females had not done before.

In fact, every year—the pair had ended up finding a way to spend the holiday with each other. Though, now that Dahlia was slowly accepting her affections for Hugo—the situation felt different.

Lily had often intervened with making Dahlia end up in situations that led to her spending some days with Hugo.

However, the male was oblivious to the crush that Dahlia had to him that the turn of events that came during the next school year—had not been something anyone predicted.

When Dahlia had slowly built her courage to at least let the male know of her affections—without expecting him to convey it back since she just wanted him to know.

She did not expect her confidence to shatter into pieces.

"I have fancied you for a while now, Hugo" Dahlia slowly came to a stop and stood in place as she watched a flustered Hufflepuff stood before Hugo," I was wondering if you were willing to be my boyfriend?"

Hugo and the female had not noticed Dahlia, leaving her to slowly take her steps back quietly.

She was going to be respectful to the female and allow the exchange to happen—however, just before she was able to make her escape, the words she feared to hear made it through her ears.

"Well" Hugo lifted his arm and scratched his head," You're Harlow, right? You play as one of the beaters in your house team, right?"

"Yes" The female responded with an awkward smile as she twiddled her thumbs," That is me, I...was the one who...uh, well nearly put you in the hospital wing last year..."

Hugo laughed at the memory and smiled at her," How can I forget that? Your teammates told me that it was you who left that basket of goodies after the game" The male scratched his cheek as he grew flustered," Listen, if you are okay with someone like me"

"Of course, I am! I think you are intelligent, outgoing and—" The Hufflepuff stopped herself and covered her lips with her hands," Sorry..."

The male laughed again and it caused Dahlia who was still in the distance of hearing them," I would be honoured to be in a relationship with you"

Dahlia swore that she heard the sound of glass shattering as those words left his lips.

"This is why I never wanted to allow this emotion to exist" She lowly whispered and left the halls light on her toes.