CHAPTER TWELVE

It was times like this that Dahlia truly wished she was athletic even in the slightest

It was times like this that Dahlia truly wished she was athletic even in the slightest. All those times she slacked off bragging how she did not need it was clearly coming back to bite her arse.

Either way, despite her exhaustion and pain all she focused on was making her way to hopefully stop anything from happening.

She was lucky that people had told her they saw Hugo—but to her fears, he was seen with Harlow.

Hearing that had caused Dahlia to run faster than she possibly could.

The place she was led to was around the halls that had hardly been frequented and it only caused her to panic each moment.

The adrenaline was wearing thin as her fear grew, but she prevailed with the thought of harm being done.

If Harlow was capable of pushing Lily down a flight of stairs to putting her friend in a coma, who knew what other things she was capable of doing.

Dahlia had run through the halls and as she turned the corner, she saw Hugo and Harlow kissing.

However, instead of making that become awkward, the older female ran forward and pulled Harlow away.

As she did that, Hugo appeared shocked at the action, however, with the way he saw Dahlia hold Harlow roughly— he instinctively reacted hostile.

"Dahlia— let her go" Hugo glowered in warning

Dahlia grits her teeth, but didn't listen to the male and focused her attention and anger towards Harlow.

"Tell him, Harlow, tell him how you pushed Lily down those stairs! Tell him how you are the reason for his own family member being in a coma!"

"Dahlia, I don't know what's gotten in you—"

Dahlia snapped her head towards Hugo with a glare, but before she could speak, her arm was suddenly yanked roughly and before she knew it, Harlow had the upper hand and wrapped her arm around the older female's neck.

Before anyone could speak, Harlow took her wand out and pointed it directly to Dahlia's temple," I wouldn't normally want to put you in danger, Dahlia"

"Harlow?" Hugo mumbled in confusion

"Honestly, I am not sure how much longer I could handle playing as your lover. My skin crawled each second I had to act"

"What?" Both Hugo and Dahlia said in sync. Both of them still unaware of the Hufflepuffs true motives, because the only person that actually knew was currently unconscious in the Hospital Wing.

"Honestly," Harlow sighed pushing the wand into Dahlia's temple," Did you really think I had fancied anyone but you? Dahlia?"

"Excuse me?" Dahlia responded in complete shock, making her body shudder

Hugo furrowed his brows and while he felt confused at the lack if hurt. Something inside him stirred in an understanding.

The way Harlow wanted him to distance himself from Dahlia. He remembered Harlow expressing her concern in a way that made him question if she was jealous at Dahlia or jealous of him.

He could count the multiple times that he found Harlow looking off into the distance at Lily and Dahlia.

At first, he thought it was jealousy, but he saw the look in her eyes—one that had a hidden longing and not one of jealousness.

He had known. He just never looked deep into it, not until this moment that allowed for it.

Hugo peered up and before he could speak, his vision suddenly started to go hazy," What in the—" His knees felt weak and caused him to lose his balance.

"Took long enough," Harlow voiced as she used the hand wrapped around Dahlia's neck to wipe her lips," The poison took a while,"

Dahlia had a whiff of the poison and her eyes widened, "Hugo!! Don't fall unconscious! Whatever you do, fight it and stay awake or else it will kill you!!"

Hugo huffed as his body felt weakened. His sight grew dark and the sound of Dahlia's voice started to grow distant.

"HUGO!!!"