CHAPTER FIFTEEN

A romance that Lily had expected to happen between Dahlia and Hugo did not happen

During the remainder of their years in Hogwarts, the pair remained friends which painstakingly made Lily almost lose her mind.

Whenever she tried to add in suggestive remarks, both wouldn't react as she expected. They did not blush, deny or openly respond even the slightest.

The Potter had given up on trying and just hoped that something would happen one day.

As the excess of their time in Hogwarts came to an end, the three departed their own ways. Lily pursued into becoming an Auror, Dahlia as a travelling potioneer and Hugo had balanced between working in the ministry or going for pro in quidditch.

However, unknown to Lily or anyone for the matter, Hugo and Dahlia had ended up meeting in America a year later. Both had somehow ended up in the same town and the same district for their careers.

It was a little within the year that the pair had gone on casual lunch meetups that slowly turned to dinner dates. The slow flow and pace had eventually formed from a one-sided attraction to mutual.

The pair had yet to actually break the news to anyone wanting to just enjoy their own time together without anyone inserting opinion on plans for their own future. Mainly because the pair had known that Hugo's family were known greatly for marrying as soon as they could.

They both knew it was still far from their future, so they decided not to tell anyone until they were ready.

As 8 years had gone by, Hugo and Dahlia had both found themselves at a beach. The pair were both celebrating their anniversary—which they hated doing, but since it happened to be one of their rare days off together, they jokingly decided to celebrate it.

"Despite living so near the beach, I don't think we took advantage of it enough," Dahlia stated as she dug her feet into the sand.

Hugo hummed and nodded his head, "Well, we aren't much of the outdoorsy type unless it comes to actual fieldwork, which hardly happens"

"And you are the one who played quidditch" She smirked turning to him

"I find this and that different. In quidditch, it's only really in the arena, whereas actually taking the time to leisure outside it exhausting on its own"

"In what way?"

Hugo shifted his gaze to her," Having to be wary about our surroundings,"

"Basically keeping the normalcy to the public eye, but also worrying about making a scene"

"Precisely, both you and I are not fans of being the centre of attention. Let alone making people make our own business their own"

"Agreed"

After a while, a silence eventually befell them and the pair had comfortably enjoyed walking alongside the shore without much interaction exchanged. At one point, the pair found a spot and took in the area around them.

"Hey"

"Hey"

The couple both said in complete sync, making them chuckle.

Dahlia turned to face him and tilted her head," I feel as if we are thinking of the same thing,"

"Really?"

"Should I go first, or should you?

Hugo hummed while crossing his arms," I'll let you go first,"

Dahlia laughed and turned back to the ocean," Don't you think it's about time we both returned home?" She took the chance to look over her shoulder and saw Hugo smiling at her softly

"It's about time we did, we made them wait long enough"

"More like we made Lily wait long enough, having my mail sent to another state just to cover our same location is tough"

"I told you I could have done it, but you insisted" Hugo smirked holding his hand out to her," So, shall we?"

Dahlia nodded clasping her hand with his own, but not before lightly pecking his cheek, " So, tell me are we both going to arrive the same time, or we going to play it off as a coincidence?"

Hugo brought his arm around her shoulder and leaned the side of his head on her own," No more having to hide it, it's exhausting"

"Well aren't you bold today"

"Bold—open whatever you call it, I just want to stop having to feel as if you are a secret"

"Cheeky sod" Dahlia grumbled poking his cheek

Hugo chuckled taking the chance to kiss her deeply—taking her off guard and making her flushed and frozen in place.

It took a few seconds to reciprocate and get out if her state of shock," What was that all of a sudden?"

"Hmm, I don't know, just felt like it" Hugo smirked pulling his face away and whistled walking ahead of her.

Dahlia rolled her eyes playfully," Now when did he start to be so bold"