CHAPTER TEN

"Listen, I love you, Dahlia, but you are an idiot," Lily stressed dramatically as she peered at Dahlia

The older female had ended up telling the Potter of what happened and it only caused a lecture to take place.

"I rather put up with this and act as if nothing is wrong then act like some jealous twat" Dahlia stated waving her hands," I missed my chance"

"And you are going to just give up that easily?"

"Well, considering how things ended up, my only choice is to just move forward"

"Listen, what if things ended or something will happen and then—"

Dahlia raised her hand," And this is where I stop you, Lil. We have no right to say something as punishing as that. To say what if things ended or to say something would happen would be discourteous to both Hugo and Harlow"

"Honestly, moments that you choose to be the better person..." Lily pouted crossing her arms sighing," Well, I guess you are not wrong, but I wanted more than anything for you to be part of the family"

"Oh, Lil" Dahlia chuckled as she went to sit next to Lily," I am your family and we don't need something like me marrying into the family to make it happen"

"Still would have been grand" The Red-haired female whispered wrapping her arms around her friend," Though, you got me beat on that"

"Well, what would I do without my spirited Potter?"

"Nothing, absolutely nothing I tell you"

After a few hours later, Lily had left the dorms to meet up with her partner for their project assignment.

When Dahlia was left alone in the room, she let all the strength she had holding her pain fall.

Feeling her body tire and her mind strain, she found herself sighing and running her hands on her face.

The pain was back within her chest and as much as she tried to tell herself it was going to be okay; she knew that this feeling was not going to just disappear.

She was heartbroken and while this is her firsthand experience on the feeling, she was not sure how anyone could hand it more than once.

She was a complete newbie to the emotion and without the ability to show her true pain to even her own best friend, Dahlia knew she was in for it when she could no longer hold the same strength, she had been putting up with for months now.

Every time she tried to tell herself that she can just wait for someone else to make it in her heart, the more she fell for Hugo.

"Mum, I wish you were here"