Chapter 2

No. No. Please no. This has to have been rigged. This isn't the first time it's happened. Siblings, friends, or lovers of a victor get picked the next year usually. It's messed up. They never survive. I slowly make my way to the stage. I look over at Gloss, and he looks back with a pained expression. A boy is called, and another volunteers. "What's your name dear?" She asks him. "Archer Maguire." I know him. He's my ex. Now my enemy. I hate him, he hates me. He's handsome, no doubt. Close-cropped, chestnut brown hair, electric blue eyes. When I feel for him, I fell hard. Believed all the lies he told me. Dealt with everything he put me through. All for him. The anthem plays, and we're taken into the Justice Building where we say our goodbyes. Mom and Gloss rush in first. I pull Gloss into a tight hug. He'll probably be going to the Capitol with me. Probably even be my mentor. Tears threaten to spill from my eyes. No matter what, the Capitol will make sure I die. I can't let him lose me, after all he's done to protect me. We let go and I hug my mother. "I can do this. I trained for this. I'll be back soon, okay?" She nods. A peacekeeper shouts at them to leave, and they do. Velvet runs in next. She pulls me into a hug. "I should have volunteered." She says in tears. "No." I say. She didn't do career training. She wasn't selected. We stay like this for a few minutes, until someone shouts at her to leave. A few random boys, and that's about it. I'm taken to the train. Even though we live in the luxury district, I'm still amazed at how luxurious it is. Gloss and Quartz enter the room. Quartz won the 61st Hunger Games, when she was 17. She's pretty, with blonde hair and green eyes. Those are both common traits in District 1. I'm glad, I don't want to be alone with Archer. "It won't be long before we arrive in the Capitol." Fefe says. "Only about 7 hours." I decide to go to my room and take a nap. Unluckily enough, Archer stops me just outside my room. "What do you want?" I ask him. He pins me against the wall. "Just want to say that when you die, I'll enjoy every second of it." I knee him hard in the stomach, and walk into my room. Asshole. I can't wait for him to die. I just hope I'll still be alive to see it. I know I'll die in the arena. It's certain. I can't sleep. No matter how hard I try. I just sit there, staring at the wall, until I'm called for dinner. There's more food than I've ever seen. It's amazing. I eat until I can't anymore, and then we gather to watch the other reapings. The girl from 2, Edlynne, looks like she could be from District 1, with honey blonde hair and emerald green eyes. The boy, Laikynn, has blonde hair, like her, but cognac brown eyes. The girl from 4 is only 13, with curly strawberry blonde hair and honey brown eyes, named Naida. I feel bad for her. She looks so innocent and young. The boy, is around 17. His name is Issak, and he has ash brown hair and gunmetal blue eyes. He's quite handsome. One tribute stands out to me, a volunteer from District 8. A girl with chocolate brown hair and silver eyes, named Verity, volunteers for her younger sister, named Amora. She's about 15, while her sister is 13. The other districts are typical, weak, underfed, and untrained kids. I look out the window, and see it. The Capitol. I run over to the window. Archer does the same thing. It's truly amazing. We pull into the station. Weirdly dressed people wave at us and scream our names. Peacekeepers guide us into the remake center. We're handed off to our prep teams. Mine consists of 3 oddly dressed women, named Blossom, Sapphire and Poppy. "Not much work we'll need to do on you." Poppy says. Good. After about an hour, I'm lead into another room. I wait for my stylist. An older woman dressed in different shades of red and pink arrives. "Hello dear, I'm Rose." "Cashmere." "Oh, I know who you are. You're Gloss's sister." I'm sure I'll get that a lot. I don't mind, really. I like the attention. "So, What will we be wearing for the tribute parade?" She smiles. "Just you wait."

Etymology
Edylnne: Princess
Naida: Water Nymph
Verity: Truth

Song: Carmen by Lana Del Rey
I think it fits with Cashmere's Story.