Chapter 1: Beta Link

Alice opens her eyes,

Seeing a world bright, yet she could still bare the colors.

She stood on a brick like tile floor, seeing the tall pillars around the area. The towers all around, the black iron-like castle behind her,

It was all familiar to her by now,

But she still felt tingles of awe on her spine.

She pulls her arms up to hug herself, loosely sliding her hands down to her elbows,

Sighing with a small smile, sighing at the feeling.

It has always been like this whenever she entered,

Whenever she entered the beta,

The sandbox,

Of the maybe even more extraordinary version VRMMO.

Sword Art Online,

SAO,

The graphics were fantastically realistic, the instruments of the NerveGear truly amazed her.

How the nerves in your brain would be transferred to a world only made by 1's and 0's,

Like how you could still feel your surroundings, but feel no pain.

It was a world Alice wouldn't mind to live in,

Where pain was at the back of their minds,

Where they could feel true joy,

Letting them run around freely with friends,

And maybe even another choice of a reality.

She shook her head, not wanting to go over to her family life. She always wanted to buy her little sister a NerveGear so she too can experience this, but oh, their parents are skeptical.

With her father being the manager of a small company, and her mother being a housewife, their lifestyle seems to be in between an average and privileged life, but neither being the main category of their life.

But her personality is what confuses most though.

She was raised to focus on her studies, but she's seen sometimes being a bit uptight on things that are far from that topic. Like, if bad words are bad words then why did people make them?

It was a silly question, like asking her parents when she was only 10 if it's possible two females could reproduce if one had a member of a male.

(A/N Idk about you guys, but I learned about all the Sex-Ed things at 4th grade, soo-)

She remembers their faces, how she wished her little brain knew better and secretly recorded it with a hidden camera before asking,

But the past is past,

Except for her memories.

Speaking of memories, two of those who were with her until the present caught her attention. They stood at the small monument placed at the center of the area surrounding them, waving at her.

Kirito and Eugeo,

Those two have been with her since they were practically born.

Their mothers all went to the same hospital, all were in nearby rooms, and all hit it off once they discussed about their new born children that were laid in the cribs in the newborn infants' room.

The story never bore her, she in fact embraced it so much that they even used it as jokes for their own advantage.

Oh how those jokes would sometimes get out of hand that led to Alice having to break up Kirito's and Eugeo's little wrestling match.