Chapter 9: Old meets new

"Iee!!"
"Sayonara!!!"

Alice painfully watches the dagger be slashed down in incredible speed, heading directly towards (Y/N) who bent her head down in a defeated manner.

Then it was deflected,

Flying out of the player's hand as he also flew back before tumbling to his back a few meters on the ground.

Alice jerks her head towards the katana like sword that was in a slight vertical position that appeared beneath the dagger that led to the deflection, seeing a familiar head of hair and bandana just behind and below.

The red and white colors was definitely something Alice is familiar with, but seeing it as a reason why (Y/N) was still kneeling really did make her tear up even more.

It was Klein.

"That's no way to treat a lady, man! Where's your humanity?!"

Alice couldn't help but roll her eyes, hearing Eydis groan even though they weren't safe just yet. Klein's eyes went from the red player towards (Y/N), who was barely looking up after the sudden intrusion of her death bed.

(Y/N) looked confused, but that was short lived once she was fully looking up and lost balance on her one knee from possible fatigue hitting in. Klein reacted quickly and kneeled down at her, her head falling on his arm.

He lays her torso on his lap, pulling out an emergency potion.

"Hey! Hey!! (Y/N)! Come on bud, it's fine, here"

He bent down slightly to place the head of the emergency potion into (Y/N)'s mouth more accurately, having to hold (Y/N)'s head upright due to how she was basically half conscious. He places it almost forcefully, but also gently into her mouth, tilting her head forward for her to drink.

But (Y/N) didn't drink, she only shook the potion away from her mouth. She seemingly glared at Klein with all her strength, causing Alice to feel taken back since he literally saved her life. But Alice saw the red player no longer in her peripheral vision, meaning something was wrong.

Alice searches as far as her eyes could go, seeing nothing but monsters at the farther distant and that dagger under her chin, so she was more stunned than she actually was. She could see (Y/N) was trying to speak, but assuming that her energy is drained, she couldn't.

Her voice sounded a bit slurred, like someone who is half awake in the morning. She looked frustrated but determined to speak within a specific time, shuffling around in Klein's arms like she was trying to escape.

Alice could only hear indecipherable mumbles, and with Alice after practically screaming her lungs out a while ago, no one had the ability to speak. But Eydis did.

Alice could see her shuffle her leg with enough energy that it knocked over the player behind her, taking the chance to grab the dagger he dropped midair in her mouth and stabbing him with it. She pulls her mouth away from the dagger, leaving it in the player's torso to keep him paralyzed.

Since she was slashed just a few moments earlier than Alice, the paralysis poison wore off moments earlier for her, which she took advantage at the right time, Alice assumes. She watches Eydis trembly stand that attracted the attention of her next hostage.

The player made the mistake by turning away from Alice for a second to kind of provoke Eydice or something, but what his intentions were didn't matter since Alice was able to barely trip him by pushing her foot backwards onto his leg, causing him to fall right onto his little dagger he dropped right at his chest, stabbing him into a now paralyzed position.