Chapter 27: Life back to ashes; Death even

By now, Nova singlehandedly wiped out a 1/4 of the Salamanders that went and attacked them, all while his murderous like intent reflected off of him like light on a mirror.

Though they all stopped practically time itself just to watch him go on his murdering spree that only started, the rest of the leftover players that pursued this attack quickly had their leader shout out from the near back of the entire formation when the front line broke first.

"Fools! Maintain your formation! He's just a single Spriggan! If we stick to the plan and stay in position, you won't take any damage!"

That was his last sentence before Nova killed the last one in cold blood, which has now led to the moment now with him and his hands on his waist, side leaning with his eye looking at them in malice with more hidden intentions.

The leader visibly sweat drops when he tries to 'reassure' back there, but he too was on edge, considering how a quarter of their group was surpassed by one player that definitely outdid the last three.

All the while when Nova stood still with a smirk, the man visibly grew more nervous as Nova's eyes showed no sign of humanity at all, but possibly someone who was born and raised to kill when needed. He chokes back a grunt of discomfort as he looks at his other fellow mages.

"E-Explosion magic, now!"

He stumbles his words with a hint of fear as he physically stumbles to face his comrades, the sound of them chanting at least 2 words echoed off the wide cave's open area's walls and back at Nova's ears.

His smirk lowered just the slightest, as he fully turns his back against his own party members to face what lies ahead. He knew this situation got even worse than it already was, but his control over this entity or what else inside him is too strong to not let out for just a moment.

So with slight hesitation in his mind, and heart,

He calls his sword back.

Alice couldn't believe her own eyes, even when she stood up just a moment ago in all the commotion that was happening from afar that widened her area of sight, she still fell in disbelief.

At first it was a mere sound of metal slowly clinking on hard rock, then it turned to a small, warping you can say, echo that came from the blade that flew pass her hair and into the open hand of Nova.

Alice only knew one person who had the ability to call back their weapon, but she doubted it for a moment, as her memory of her explanation echoed back into her mind.

"Those who are advanced at this System Call sorcery and what not would eventually have the power to call back their weapon in battle?"

Alice repeated in a quick summarization tone as (Y/N) also nodded in a brief motion that led to her chin coming back to contact on top of Alice's head. As they laid on their bed with Alice on top of (Y/N)'s torso, her head on her shoulder, and their legs now tangled together, she sighs.

Her once closed eye reopened and looked up to only find a small portion of (Y/N)'s small smile that had most of her bangs covering the rest, as she hums to herself slightly.

"So that means I too would have that type of advancement one day?"

"Ah, you do. You're the 2nd most dependable person on the System Call for how you truly focused on perfecting them to fight along side with me, but even with that, you still need work"

This started off as a small joke, but with her words, Alice felt her heart thump hard on her chest at (Y/N)'s acknowledgement of her more than just plain hard work on literally studying the System Call.