Chapter 3: Link Start

Eugeo opens his eyes,

Then closes them again after a few moments of transferring data from the beta version.

He saw a familiar area around him, feeling a wash of relief flow in him. He was back. And this time, in the final phase, the final result, the final release, the final version.

The final SAO.

He finally opens his eyes to take in the familiarity that was in front and around him, watching more people appear with faces of excitement and joy to see the world and friends they hold dear.

He felt himself smile, hearing sounds of people immediately running around to explore before he too went to go sight see. But then he felt his neck be locked in an arm before he could even take a half step, his hair feeling ruffled.

He groans before holding onto the small gap left from the arm locking his head into this position, struggling to stand up properly from how he was being pushed down by that same arm and laughter.

"Oiiii..! Kirito!!"

The laughter only increased in volume and amusement as he could feel his hair becoming messier than usual. The weight literally fell off his shoulders a bit suddenly, feeling Kirito's arm unwrapping as sudden as his gasp for air.

Eugeo slightly turns his head with a slouch, looking back to see Kirito tumbling in different directions while holding two arms he noticed was around his neck.

Those arms looked less like a male. Then Eugeo knew exactly who it was. Smiling at the scene, he soon went to tackle Kirito's front, sandwiching him in this inescapable cage of blondies.

"Oi! Eugeo! Alice! Cut it out! Ack-!"

They all playfully yelp and laugh as thus went on for a while, before Alice decided to bolt towards the district when Kirito was about to jump to get her off, leading to him falling almost onto his back with Eugeo going to be on top of him.

Their foreheads bump that causes them to jump back to hold them with flushed faces in either embarrassment or something more  gay. They look around practically 360 for Alice, until their eyes locked on the familiar avatar hair of Alice, running away.

She turns her head back with a tongue out and one eye open while she ran further away.

"Have fun gays!"

She shouted with no regret, both boys watching her run before they snapped into realization. Eugeo immediately had a red face, before he chased after her, shouting her name over and over as he too soon disappeared, leaving Kirito alone.

"Aliceee!!"

His voice echoes around, stopping some players in confusion or maybe even to chuckle at the scene they could've caught. Kirito shrugged before he walks slowly to the direction they went.

'Oh wait, they'll cause another ruckus if I don't hurry'

He chuckles to himself with the sudden realization, running off towards the district to catch the two blondes. He ran pass groups of new players looking at stalls and merchants, smiling wider in glee to see more possible competitors.

As the stalls almost flew by as he ran, he soon caught eye of a familiar blonde with his signature azure color. He ran faster, the crowds of people becoming larger though. He soon had to run to different places and squeezes to catch up, passing by one group just in time to see that blonde turn a sharp left.

He ran faster to catch up, feeling a playful scoff emerge from his throat suddenly. As he went to run deeper into that little alley way that same blonde went, he heard a call.