Chapter 10: System Call.-

Not long after Alice and company beaten the 25th and recently just the 26th boss,

They have all reached floor 27 with no main casualties.

Alice laid in bed, feeling lazier than she expected due to how floor 26 was rushed through so quickly thanks to the 2 too guilds and a new guild technically under the Assault team's belt, 'Knights of the Blood Oath'.

Due to how freshly recent still is the Floor 25 boss battle thanks to that guild as well, Asuna has joined it after 'encouragement' from mostly Kirito.

It was a bit sad, seeing how Asuna was partied up with them technically for that long time before her acceptance to the guild's offer, and seeing her leave and finally fulfill what they always believed was her full purpose was like waving off your older sibling heading to college in the car.

They've went through a long path to reach past the quarter point of Aincrad, and they knew it would only become tougher than it's supposed to be if the resolution of the two top guilds at the moment don't come into action.

Not to mention the recent PK-ing incidents that really gets under Alice's skin. Lately orange players are said to use a technique to manipulate players to ask other players to gather specific items and lead them to their death as the orange players would farm the dead's items.

If that technique was able to go around player to player, then Alice expected they should know better, but somehow they turn a blind eye right before their doom. It's shameful for both the victims and the orange players in Alice's opinion.

How the orange players would manipulate people for their own bidding, and how the victims would fall right into their obvious trap because of the obviously fake too-good-to-be-true deals they make with them like a mouse going after the cheese in a mouse trap.

But that doesn't stop there. Even at Floor 25 they stirred up trouble in Kirito's theory that caused a large, fatal accident. No one was able to get any intel on the boss that they all had to go in blind, causing almost everyone to crumble within either to fear or their fates.

Alice rubs her eyes unconsciously, remembering the number of pixels erupting around her from where some players stood.

She wanted to believe they were just visions, but the sight of the two guilds' numbers obviously dropping when the area in the boss room became more spacious was definitely not a vision. Especially what happened to (Y/N) that haunts her still.

"(Y/N)!!"

Alice calls out, seeing (Y/N) trapped where the boss wanted her to be in when she was pathetically on one knee. She must've led it away with herself as a distraction to help others heal up after Asuna rose up and led them for the 3rd quarter of the battle, since (Y/N) was right up the wall.

Alice could see her nervous movements, looking left and right for possibly an open area to attack or escape, but finding none as the boss was already halfway with finishing it's attack sequence and actually striking her.

Alice's health was too low, but the damn health potions didn't help her enough since she drank 3 and her health was barely passed the half bar.

She curses under her breath, drinking faster as through her peripheral vision she could the boss enclosing into (Y/N).

Alice wishes (Y/N) would pull one of her unexpected attacks like the 'system call' thing or whatever, but that seems out of the box with how unbelievably panicked she moved around with the boss blocking all spaces that could lead to possible exits.