Chapter 22: AlFeim Online

2 months passed after SAO was cleared,

But the feelings they tried their best to bury within and move on with life with in their hearts still felt as fresh as the day they came.

As Alice sat under the demon tree haunting most if not them in their neighborhood with a calm breeze blowing on her face, she listens closely to the rustling leaves above her when she closes her eyes, the small sound of someone breathing softly and peacefully in a deep slumber evident.

With the sound of calm breathing along with the soft sounds of rustling leaves, Alice finally felt at peace after those 2 months of grief. Hearing such familiar sounds put her at ease, as if (Y/N) was still there with her, and as if they were still in SAO as well.

She's lately been accustomed to coming here ever since she started kendo with Bercuoli, who has found her by coincidence in the hospital halls. These 2 months have also been special somehow, especially after hearing their loss, both her and Bercuoli felt at least closer to (Y/N) in a way.

The addition of the warm sun rays on her skin that was within the mixture of the soothing feelings around her was enough to really replicate that same day in SAO she holds dear, along with thousands of other moments.

"Why do you always take a nap under this tree?"

Alice asks as she knelt down on the small patch of grass with her knightly armor hugging her body along with (Y/N). This was the same floor when Asuna scolded Kirito and Eugeo for taking a nap, and coming back to it on their vacation gives off a nostalgic feeling for sure.

"It's a habit, possibly another reason why I'm taller than you"

Alice playfully scoffs and pushes (Y/N)'s face away by the cheek with two of her fingers, hearing a muffled huff erupt. Alice takes this time to look around her and up at the tree, focusing for the little details she would like to see.

She never understood how (Y/N) does see these small details, but it's something that makes her (Y/N) if she doesn't stop to narrow down on little details people could just blush from whenever she would notice.

Aside from that, Alice doesn't see anything out of the ordinary that really sticks out like it does for (Y/N), so she looks back at her with a crooked up eyebrow.

"I don't get it, what do you see here?"

(Y/N) chuckles wholeheartedly and pushes herself up onto an angel seat, as she lightly lifts Alice onto one leg like she weighed was the same as a little kid. She fixed both of them into a more comfortable position and covers Alice's eye, blinding her fully.

"What are you doing?"

Alice giggles out as (Y/N) lays her onto her chest by her back, her hand still on top of her eye as she hushed Alice softly.

"You're too busy looking, try to listen for them"

Alice thought it was odd and cliche, but she agrees anyway and focuses fully on the sounds instead of the blackness (Y/N)'s hand created when over her eye. The more she listened though, the more she could picture it in her head differently than how she would see it.

So she pulls of (Y/N)'s hand and looks back at the tree she pictured differently to see it was the same tree as it was a while ago, but with the picture she created in her mind. She felt confused and at awe, looking at (Y/N) with big eyes like a child again.