Chapter 24: Comradship

Morning came, and Alice along with the others met up in ALO with Leafa as the result.

After what had happened the night before, and the fact their armor is paper thin with no help at all in combat, they head to go say "SAYONARA" to their money for new weapons and clothing.

Surprisingly, the district assumably had the type of armor and other items that fit them all nicely in their own way with some signature styles flying around her and there. Aside from Kirito having this wide as hell sword, they looked almost identical to back in SAO.

As they walk out of the merchant area presumably with their new armor and weaponry, Leafa leads the trio towards a familiar tower Kirito is especially aware of.

He stares it down for a moment as last night's memory came right back at him when he was well equipped and was feeling good until they crossed paths again. Alice notices this and stifles a giggle as Leafa and Eugeo stop in front if them.

"Why are we at the tower?"
"We use this tower to take off for long journeys, like a boost, you know?"

As Alice listened in to their small conversation that was about to enhance into something deeper, Kirito brought his attention back to now and huffs with his arms crossing on his chest.

"If boost meant a magnetic attraction to it's main self, then I guess that makes sense"

He rubs his back subconsciously as Alice couldn't help but let out one snarf up air sharply, she looks away as she tries her best to hide her face that had eyes tearing up from too much laughter bottled up within.

This attracted the attention of Eugeo, who laughed along with Alice as Leafa looked at the carefree trio. She found herself become infected as she smiles cynically at them before she brushes it off and proceeds to walk behind them.

She presses her hands onto Kirito's back and pushes him forward that soon pushed Alice and Eugeo forward as well in a confused manner that made them freeze.

"Ikuzoo! I wanna get past the forest by night time!"

They were pushed in for a few feet into the tower as Leafa re-positions herself back up front as they all started to walk independently again, Leafa spotting the small lifter to the top right up ahead.

She turns around and wraps slightly her hand around Eugeo's wrist, tugging it forward as she looked back at Alice and Kirito, who stopped when she did.

"Come on, this way"

She spoke to them, leading Eugeo with her hand on his wrist still for him to be Alice's and Kirito's main guide when Leafa was out of sight.

When they got to the near entrance to the lifter towards their destination to the top, Eugeo stops, signifying Leafa stopped as well, and for a good reason. Alice heard a deep voice call out Leafa's name in almost a shady way, so she turned around to investigate.

She spots a rather tall man who wore a cape covering almost his entirety except for the front side they are facing, and along with two other players accompanying him, he looked like a person who are a bit of a prissy pants in this race.

"Good afternoon, Sigurd"
"Are you going to leave the party, Leafa?"

Getting straight to the point, Alice could sense something off with him, but couldn't quite grasp it firmly with the way his aura was somewhat creating a small tension. So Alice fully turns at him as in a way to scan him as he and Leafa exchanged words.

She watches him and his movements to locate whatever made her suspicious somehow, but found none at the moment. She looks back at Eugeo and Kirito in slight discomfort, but this seems to be a private matter for now to only watch.