Chapter 31: End of the journey

Alice opens her eyes,

Meeting with such bright light that it forced them to close again.

She silently grumbles from the fact she has awoken from a much needed slumber just to be blinded, but even with her eyes closed, it doesn't hide the fact that she's awake.

Especially towards the person who has opened her closed curtains in the first place that led to this. She felt a finger poke her face as Alice shuffles to her left side to get away from the light and touch, hearing a small huff that was now behind her.

"Onee-Sama, come, on!"

A small push was on her shoulder, as Alice buries her head in her sheets with a small groan.

"It's Sunday.. let me sleep.."
"But Okaa-San said someone is looking for you! And all you answered was 'five more minutes', which is now!"

The more Alice struggled to get back to sleep after barely even listening to her little sister, the more her small pushing on her back grew until Alice was on her stomach in the small cocoon she covered on herself made out of her blanket.

So despite Alice's very hard fatigue that was still present for going to bed at a late hour, she emerged with her blanket over her head, and her knees on her mattress, looking at the direction of Selka weakly with her eyes barely opened.

She lets out a yawn, scratching a portion of her hair that Alice still aims to brush after last night, before falling back on her face on her own bed. Selka's pushing came back to existence as Alice shuffled around with muffled words.

"Wait.. waaiiit..."

She repeats in a loop as Alice slowly rolled off the bed with her blanket still around her like a caterpillar, standing up as she wrapped it over her shoulders like a coat.

"Alright, I'm up, now get out of my room"

Alice half-jokingly remarks as Selka did the opposite by taking a handful of Alice's blanket and dragging it and her out the since-when open door and down the hallway, hearing her grumbles and mutters for the laziness Alice hasn't had since the literal dinosaur era.

Once Alice felt the stairs on her feet ceased, she forces her eyes to open and blink slowly when light in the open room felt it could burn her into ashes like a vampire.

Other than the fact she was still in her nightgown and with a blanket over her like a child when she's about to meet someone who was searching for her, she somehow felt numbness to everything.

But her ears finally worked when she stood at the doorframe with a hand rubbing on her left eye, looking at the slight blurry scene at her front that she's yet to vividly see.

With Selka coming into view first, her father standing halfway towards the open entrance to the main house, and her mother next to her, she spoke in such tiredness that it sounded more like she was out of breath.

"Ohayou.. Okaa-San.. Oto-San.. What is my reason to be summoned this time?"

As Alice yawns once more with her left hand revealing her vision through her left eye once more, the blurry face of her father finally became HD. She looks at him as he did the same with a slight awkward expression that looked a bit concerning, as she raises her eyebrows slightly at him.

He didn't speak even when she gave him her look of tired-curiosity as he only looked at the large entrance he was halfway down to, as if pointing Alice to look there as well.

Once she blinks twice from his strange behavior, he actually spoke when she tore her eyes away from him and onto the entrance brick wall. She saw nothing, so she slowly trails her eyes to the main open area as she listens for her father's voice.