Chapter 10-

Chapter 10-

Bang...

Cold. I suddenly go all cold. Like as soon as that shot was fired all the heat rose from my body and disappeared from the earth. Leaving me too cold to function.

I'm suddenly well aware of my surroundings, or lack thereof. I must have my eyes squeezed shut because not only is everything pitch black but also my eyes seem to be hurting. I try to pry my eyes open but fail miserably. The shock of just being shot at must have gotten to me. Wait, I just got shot at. Why am I still thinking? Is this the afterlife? Is this even real? Again I try to open my eyes but they seem to fail me. I attempt it once more and finally succeed. At first everything is blurry and I can't make out distinctive shapes out of the blobs of colour surrounding me but after a while everything becomes clear.

The man in front of me lowers his hand that was carrying his gun. A smile tugs at his lips peeking out from underneath his mysterious black hood. What's he so smug about? There is absolutely nothing funny about this situation. I'm petrified, he pulled a gun out on me and shot me. I don't know how this could be funny!

I go to step back and run away when I remember my knee. It doesn't hurt anymore. I move it and step on something solid laying on the ground. Hesitating, I look down at the solid, thing. It's a girl with blood all around her. Hold the phone. Is that me? I look all over the body that now has blood oozing out of it. The exact same clothes, the exact same hair, shoes and even hands. I let out a blood curdling scream.

"AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I swear even people in China could hear my scream.

"What did you do to me?" I yell at him cursing between most of the words.

"I didn't have a choice sweetie."

"Don't call me sweetie!" I spit at him. "Now tell me exactly what you did to me."

"I killed you." He deadpans.

"Of course you killed me but how come you can see me and talk to me and I'm still standing here now?"

"I'm not explaining it all now 'cause trust me it's a long story."

"What is a long story? Tell me now!" I have no idea where all this courage has come from but I'm certainly determined.

"Just breathe sweetie you will know everything in a minute. We surely will be summoned soon enough."

"I said don't call me sweetie!" I said through gritted teeth.

All of a sudden there was the sound of shoes running down the hallway behind us. I didn't dare turn around instead I attempted to stare down the man that was smirking at me still. After about a minute the pounding of shoes got to the point where I knew the perpetrator was fairly close and suddenly they just stopped. I still had my eyes fixed on the strange man that had changed my life with a pull of a trigger but I soon became curious of who was behind me obviously staring at the scene in front of them. I would be to if I wasn't mixed in the thick of it.

"Angel?" I shot my head around so fast I was surprized I hadn't pulled a muscle or something. I looked at Carl's face which had turned sickly white. Before I could say anything he dropped like a sack of bricks. Probably much the same as what I did when I was shot. I am never going to let that go.

Then out of nowhere everything was slowly turning black. I screamed out Carl's name but it was too late. Everything was now black and I am probably tearing up. My life totally sucks right now.

***

Everything comes in to focus very slowly and I am left wondering where I am. Bit by bit I start to focus on things. People, black, cage and more black. Wait, I'm in the cage, what am I now doing in a cage? I gradually began to sit up now perfectly capable of seeing all the people staring at me.