Telling the truth

I never thought that the four of us would have breakfast together, just like now. Jason seems annoyed, Hana overly excited and Haru is just being himself.

And I just sit there, eating slowly in silence.

"You should eat more. Look at you, you're so pale" Haru places some colorful-looking side dishes on my plate. I respond with a shy smile.

"Don't eat that! Eat this instead." Jason impulsively takes my plate away and gives me something else to eat. Which caused big tension between the two men. It seems I'm not the only one noticing that, as Hana started to look very irritated.

"It's okay, I liked the side dishes better" I said, and took my plate back. "Now, may I eat in peace?"

But Jason doesn't agree with that, he stands up and pulls my chair out. "We gotta talk"

Haru stops us by grabbing my wrist, Jason's reaction gets more aggressive than before

"Hands off!" he barks at Haru, drags me to the next room and closes the door behind.

"I can see you're getting too spoiled. I told you to get comfortable with me, not with others!"

"Jason you're so ill-tempered, shove your possessiveness to somewhere else"

"Know your place" Jason gives me a death stare.

"You just can't seem to cope with your own self-centered personality." I dared to stare back at him.

Suddenly I hear a scream coming from the kitchen. Jason goes out to check what happened and I follow him. Hana lays on the floor with blood and shattered glass.

"What happened??" Jason shouted.

"Nothing, I just wanted to do the dishes, but they slipped down from my hands and I stepped on them" She points at her injured feet.

How does one manage to step on shattered glass?

"Oh my god, what happened here. I can't even leave you alone for 5 minutes" Haru comes out of the toilet.

"They will remain as scars, if you don't get it treated properly. We need to go to the hospital" Jason said in a worrisome voice.

Jason looks at me for a second. "Before you get relieved Liyin. I'll invite some of my bodyguards over. And then we'll talk further"

He carries Hana out and I'm left alone. Well to be clear, Haru casually sits on the couch and It seems like this isn't something new to him.

"Don't worry. Something like this happens once in a while" he looks at me.

"Is something wrong with Hana?"

"Alot. She's desperate for Jason's attention" he responded.

"You're telling me she purposely broke the dishes and then stepped on them?" i said to which he nodded.

 "Let's not waste our time and continue our conversation from before" Haru indicates me to sit down on the couch.

"What makes you want to be his girlfriend?" he asked me and i get surprised.

"What do you mean? I'm being forced to stay here" I answered.

"Oww, that was a really bad joke" haru laughs

"I'm being serious. I thought you knew that. What did Jason tell you?"

"Wait what? It's not a joke?" He looks confused at me and rubs his chin.

"He told me that he met you overseas and brought you to South Korea, and now you want to return back to your family but he isn't letting you" he said and i shake my head

"And he also told me you didn't want him to clear your debts, because it would put him in a tough spot. And that caused another pile of relationship problems between you guys" he added.

Jason really told him lies. Disappointed but not surprised. And yet I thought Haru was being supportive towards Jason because he didn't stop him.

"I'm being held against my own will. I'm not his girlfriend nor is any of the things you said true" I get serious.
Haru stands up and starts to go back and forth. He curses Jason and punches the air. I bet he couldn't believe that his own childhood friend deceived him.

"This jerk. How could he!"

I tell him everything that Jason has done to me and to my family. Every detail that is worth to be told. Because Jason's wrongdoings doesn't deserve to be covered up. He needs to be punished for them.

"No matter what it's going to take... Even my long-lasting friendship that seems to be fake after all..."

"...Pack your things. I'm going to take you out from here" Haru said earnestly.

Without thinking twice, I pack everything that I need, leave the house and rush to Haru's car. I don't know if it is the right thing to do. And I don't know if I can trust Haru. But I will try anything to save myself.

"Where are you taking me?" I asked him and he helps me to put my seatbelt on

"For now, my place won't be safe as Jason will definitely go there first. I will bring you somewhere else

"It's far from here, it will take a bit long. You can rest for now."

I dozed off without realizing and I wake up to Haru's phone ringing. He picks it up and I hear Jason swearing at him."If you don't bring her back right now, I will have to kill you both"