Hate #7: "Respect Your Elders"

AHAHAHA!

Ha!

That's gonna be my response if anyone tells me to "respect my elders" again.

You know, adults and teens alike have a lot a crap to say, don't they? I'm not saying all of them so this, but most of them have this habit of thinking that just because they're older than you, they get special treatment just because their old. And you know what else they think? They think that because your younger then them, you can't say anything about it!

You wanna know what I think about that?

"Surprise, b*tch. I bet you thought you saw the last of me."

You know how many times I've been told to shut up because I'm a child and I shouldn't talk that way to an adult even though I'm just telling them the truth?

Quite a lot!

God, I'm skipping so many lines.

Anyway, two of those incidents were completely and utterly stupid and could have been avoided. One when I was telling a member of my family that she was being complicated, which she was! And I also pointed out that everyone in our family knows that, which they do! Everything that I said was 100% true and the 9 years another member of my family spent with this person can confirm that.

So basically, because I'm a few years under 18, I can't tell anyone the truth which is what my parents have been teaching me to do from day 1? That makes PERFECT sense.

The other instance was one day were my grandma asked me to do something with the tv remote and I told her all she had to do was press a button, but apparently, she didn't hear me because a few minutes later, my aunt takes me out of my room and asks me to turn the channel. I told her that I told my grandmother what she had to do, but then she said that I was a child and I wasn't supposed to talk to an adult like that.

I swear, I haven't had a conversation that stupid in a long time.

I gave her instructions so she would know what to do next time! Plus, even if they were both born in the "olden days" and aren't as tech savvy as some of us who were born in the 2000's, they've had access to a tv remote before.

And yes, I realize they are older and can't see as well. But really?!

There are big bold black numbers on white buttons! Are you telling me you can't see that, but you can spot the tiniest specs of dirt that even insects and small microscopic bacteria can't see?! Don't tell me that the last generation was even more incompetent than this one because if that's the case, if these girls out there being little sluts and having babies at 13 and boys who are accepted into gangs at 9 and know how to work a gun better than any police officer ever could have no one to turn them in the right direction, we're not just academically screwed, the entire human race is screwed (And just in case your wondering I don't care that was a run-on sentence)!

And you want to know why?

Because of this delusion that they shouldn't have to do anything because they're old.

I'm so sick and tired of people thinking that just because someone is a certain age, they're gonna be easy to predict. That maturity is measured by how long you've been on this Earth. And if you think that, you better do a freaking cartwheel because that's not how it works.

How mature you are depends on your mindset not your age. But yet again, people believe that age is all that matters. And they think like this because they know in the long run, the only way they can put themselves above someone who is mentally stronger than them is to wave around their age like some sort of frickin' baseball bat. Take this from me. I know.

I may not be academically smarter than my classmates, but I'm mentally smarter than everyone in my school, including the teachers.

Now, that may seem kind of conceded, but it's the truth and that's all I try to speak most of the time.

Plus, how am I supposed to "respect my elders" if they don't respect me?! The phrase "respect is a two way street" goes for both kids and adults and older kids. Don't get it twisted.

Look, the bottom line is, older people need to stop putting their younger adversaries on a stool and reserve that pedestal all for themselves. Vote if your elders need to start respecting you so you'll do the same.

Also, if an older person isn't respecting you even though you give them all the respect in the world, show them this and don't even stick around for their "I've worked harder before you were even born" bs. They can't deny that everything in this hate is 100% true and no one can change that.

(Sorry i haven't been posting as often, I kinda got a death threat)