Chapter8: Sorry, I can't come

*Author’s POV*

It was the finally Saturday, the day that both Jack and Priya had plans to meet Jeremy; at the same time. Priya suddenly heard a buzzing from her phone as she was almost to the finishing point of getting ready. It was Jeremy.

“Hello?” she said.

“Hey Priya,” Jeremy began “It’s me, I know it’s kinda sudden, but sorry I can’t come to the theatres with you today. Something came up.”

“What? But I’m already ready.” Priya said, sounding disappointed “It’s okay, I’ll just go with Ke-“

She was cut off by Jeremy, “Don’t worry, I felt bad about cancelling on you so I told my friend to meet you there instead.”

“But I don’t know him.”

“Trust me, he’s a nice guy.” He reassured her as a grin grew upon his lips through the phone.

“But-“ she was cut off by Jeremy hanging up without a goodbye.

Priya was apprehensive about going, this was pretty much a blind date; what if the guy ended up being a creep? But she remembered that Jeremy had already told him to meet her there…it would be mean to bail on him without saying anything. So she decided to give it a try in the end, she looked at her digital clock, it was almost their meeting time; she quickly left her house.

Jack finally arrived at the theatres, right on time, only to find Jeremy missing in action. He looked around for about a minute and his impatient personality took over. He called Jeremy,

“Hello?” Jeremy answered through the phone.

“Dude! Where the fuck are you?”

“Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you I can’t make it. Something came up.”

“What the hell?! I’m already here, what do I do now?!” He loudly exclaimed into his cell.

“Calm yourself, I already told my other friend to meet you there instead of me. She can keep you company.” Jeremy said as an attempt to get him to calm down.

“Oh…is she hot?” Jack replied showing some interest.

“Yeah, I guess. It’s Priya”

Jack suddenly had this weird combination of relief and aggravation surge through him. He wasn’t necessarily angry, because he would get the chance to be with Priya for a day and tease her to his heart’s desire. But he was irritated by the fact that Jeremy had gotten Priya to do something for him.

“Fine, see you later.” He said before hanging up on him.

He scanned his surroundings for Priya. A girl standing nearby the ticket booth caught his attention. She wore a colorful floral dress that flowed as she rocked back and forth on her white ballet flats. She stood there perfectly like a doll, hair curled with a cute, blue barrette nicely clipped onto the side. His attention drifted to her face, her bright eyes sparkled in the lights, with long eyelashes, skin as clear as porcelain, and her lips were a subtle rose colour. It was no doubt that she was the girl he was looking for, Priya Seeder. He had never seen her in such a light before; all dolled up and genuinely beautiful. A huge contrast from the skimpy outfits his former girlfriends wore. She was a kind of beautiful that was pure and innocent, something he was not used to seeing.